Rogerborg
Supporters
- Aug 22, 2017
- 9,187
- 6,050
An indoor CQB site In Stevenston on the West Coast of Scotland, in an Old Abandoned Chemical Factory.
Cons first, to get them out of the way.
Pros:
The actual airsofting was a pretty good experience, which is what matters. Having much clearer site info available up front would address most of the other issues. I'd like to see a lot more in-game chronoing, but that's an issue at most sites.
At £20 for a day, or £30 with a hire, it's good value, and not run by or infested with nobbers. I'll likely give it another go.
Ho ho ho.
Cons first, to get them out of the way.
- Run via Facebook, with an almost complete lack of persistent, useful information about site rules, age limits, or even how the game is played.
- A sod to find. My satnav wanted nothing to do with the postcode, and then sent me off down a blocked off road. Give yourself plenty of extra time to find it.
- 9am for a 10am start translated to hires still trailing in at 10:15, doubtless due to the above.
- A pretty perfunctory safety brief, not very clearly delivered, in a safe zone with poor acoustics. Combined with the lack of site info, rentals couldn't have had much of an idea what to actually do.
- Chronograph theatre. Voluntary, no tags, trusting players about their BB weights, and no chronoing in-game that I saw. Basically just trusting us.
- The site isn't that big, and you could very nearly shoot down the whole length of it.
- Aggravatingly inadequate tagging: one red tag on one arm of one team, nothing on the other. Why they don't tag both teams on both arms is beyond me - milliseconds matter in mixed-up CQB.
Pros:
- All that said, in game was a good experience. They know the site well and make good use of it. There's a lane up each side with plenty of cover, and a maze of rooms in the middle, making it viable to both hang back and exchange fire, or go fighting room-to-room, as you prefer. I shot off a lot more BBs than I expected.
- A decent variety of games: deathmatch, fall back, find the $THINGs, hold the points, rush the objective.
- Good active friendly, calm but firm marshalling, and I was particularly pleased to see and hear them dealing with folk taking the piss with semi-auto ROF.
- Short walks to respawn, and fast paced games with little idle time.
- They're friendly, responsive and helpful on Facebook, but you do have to ask.
The actual airsofting was a pretty good experience, which is what matters. Having much clearer site info available up front would address most of the other issues. I'd like to see a lot more in-game chronoing, but that's an issue at most sites.
At £20 for a day, or £30 with a hire, it's good value, and not run by or infested with nobbers. I'll likely give it another go.
Ho ho ho.
Last edited by a moderator: