B500A1 AEG hop re-assembly - Help please!

Quebec
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

For an unbeknown reason I decided I'd strip my B500A1 (cheap abs aeg, mounded plastic no seperatable receiver or takedown/pivot pins). My dad got it for me for my birthday and although I know they're not meant to come apart I carried on regardless. 

It's my first airsoft gun for a few years as I used to play with friends in our gardens a couple of years ago, so I have some very limited knowledge.

On dissasembly, the hop up unit an the black shroud around it (I'll attach pictures) popped off so I had to make an educated guess as to the orientation of it when I put it back in. The charging handle was easy enough, the fake forward assist button I left in place but everything else came out including the motor and gearbox and ejection port cover, all rails etc. 

Everything went back together okay apart from the above hop up/barrel/shroud assembly, but I couldn't get the two halves to shut as it was fouling on the hop up/shroud assembly somewhere and it's beaten me. 

Images attached, does everything look correct and is it ok for the small tapered seal next to the spring on the barrel to push in to the hop up unit?

Also, the square metal plate with a threaded hole - I have no idea where this sits?

The small black plastic piece on its own - I cant figure out where it sits/what it attaches to. I think it goes in the magazine well right on where the hop up unit connects to the gearbox?

Sorry for the huge post and thanks in advance.

IMG_2918.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

Archived