SDIK for L96

Hef Legend

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sniper Drop In Kit – SDIK

So I recently purchased this kit for my L96 clone (MB08), with the hope of having a gas sniper that could be used all year round and I could adjust the FPS depending on the site I’m at.

Parts I ordered were:
SDIK for L96 (well MB01,MB08 etc)
Regulator with gauge
CO2 Adapter

First Impressions:
I ordered the SDIK for the L96, alongside the regulator and co2 adapter (takes non threaded 12g capsules). It’s worth noting that you have to buy these bits separately and the regulator comes in two versions, one is a standard screw down regulator and the other comes with a pressure gauge.

All of the items came neatly presented in boxes and were packed securely. Nothing fancy here just plain boxes with the manufactures logo etc. Delivery tool about a week.

All of the parts looked and felt really good, it would easy to see that time had been spent making sure all the parts were smooth, had a good finish and sealed correctly.

Installation:

Installation for me was a bit more difficult than it needed to be, mainly because I had some annoying pot metal screws which rounded on the rifle. However, that being said the installation itself was easy:

1) Take the bolt out and then take the innards out
2) Remove the trigger section from the upper receiver.
3) Feed the new spring guide into the cylinder and out the bottom.
4) Put in the new piston, spring and screw on the new cylinder head.
5) Feed the hose through the trigger unit where the spring guide stopper would of been (remove if you haven’t already).
6)Put the trigger unit back into the receiver, then you have a metal tube which you need to slide all the way down the hose and into the slot for the spring guide stopper, push it in as far as you can.
7) You get a small rubber o ring stopper, which needs to also be put all the way down the hose right up until the trigger unit, make sure it’s a tight fit. (be aware this only seems to go on one way and you won’t get it back off without splitting the hose).
8) Unscrew the not on the regulator where the hose goes and put the hose on with the bolt being tightened over it, then simply attached your HPA tank or in my case the CO2 adapter.

To increase the pressure screw down on the top of the regulator and to reduce pressure, unscrew the top. It took me about 10 minutes and numerous baffled looks to realise, that you have to have the gun cocked with the bolt in the back position to change the output pressure.

Performance:

The bit you’ve all been waiting for, it’s pretty damn awesome!

FPS can be alter from around 310 – 600+, depending on your hop and barrel set up. Consistency seems pretty good, I haven’t got a fully working Chrono at the moment and it’s a bit his and miss, but I’d say maybe 5FPS variance.

Shooting the gun is noticeably louder with a nice thwack sound, the bolt pull is really short and easy. In regards to how well it shoots, I just have some DIY mods in my rifle and a modified hop arm, but the barrel is standard and was working well before. For some reason this gun seems to drive these bb’s out dead straight even on heavier ammo, I’ m guessing this is do with increased airflow as the cylinder head opening is quite wide.

Overall Verdict:

I’m really impressed with this product, it’s easy to use, the results are good, it isn’t hugely expensive when you consider the cost of the upgrade parts needed to get a spring rifle shooting 500fps.

Pros:

Easy to install.
Good consistency.
Increased airflow seems to help with heavier ammo.
Reduces the wear on internal parts as its gas driven.
Not too expensive, in relation to getting the same performance out of a spring rifle.
Adjustable FPS.
Easy to reload, just unscrew the CO2 adapter and pop in another CO2 cartridge.
Replacement parts are cheap.

Cons:

Maybe some instructions, it’s quite easy but they would be useful and save a bit of time.
The plug/stopper only goes on one way, so there’s a good chance you could damage the hose if you install it wrong.

If you want to know anymore about this item or my set up in general let me know. If I don't reply on here, I'm more active on another forum under the same name.

I'll add a picture of my rifle with this setup when i get home, but for now there are some pics from the retailer :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.