Sniper Rifle (Spring)

Moleo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to get a spring-loaded sniper rifle, something I can use for target shooting and in game.

I've been looking at the Well Mauser AW338 MB-08, the Double Eagle M50A, and the Snow Wolf M24 Socom, but obviously I'm new, so do you have any recommendations of other guns/ experience with these guns?

I'm looking at spending £140 (+/- 20%)

Thanks

Noooooo!

If you're new to airsoft, do not get a sniper rifle as your first gun.

Do not, no, just forget the idea.

Sniping in airsoft is not like it seems in the games, you have to spend quite a bit to get a high performance rifle.

Most skirmish sites will have a 60ft minimum engagement range, so anything closer than 60ft and you're screwed and will need to invest in either a good pistol, or something like an MP7 or a small backup weapon for closer battles.

You're severely limiting yourself on what you can do, you're not going to be able to snipe in a corridor or something alike, and will find yourself being a bit bored.

Get an AEG for your first gun, roll with that and if you have a bit of extra cash, then get a rifle, because you then have a back up rifle.

Please, for skirmishing sake, don't get one for your first gun.

Won't say exactly what's been said but if you set on a sniper (target shooting etc) then avoid the M50A.

If your going to get one like that get a Well Warrior L96 because its pretty much the same gun but in green which is much easier on the eye than bright orange! Got mine for £130 + a scope which made it around £180 for the set. No idea on the other snipers but I got mine as an upgrade platform cos I love the feel of the stock and it should be easy to spraypaint when I get a UKARA licence later this year.

Also I have an issue with double eagle as another of their guns broke within 15 minutes of using it so I avoid them (not sure if I got a bad gun or their bad altogether but i've avoided them ever since).

If your going to a skirmish and plan on using a sniper (i.e. an outdoor game) then you will want a good sidearm, preferably an pistol with an automatic function. (see m93R for an example)

Again sniper is not the best starting gun unless your starting with around £800 for an upgraded version, a full set of kit and a good sidearm so you can go straight into games.

My advice is to hire out a standard AK or M4 for 3 times till you get a UKARA licence and can buy a black coloured gun/spray a 2tone gun, you'll also have more experience and can make an educated decision.

Noooooo!

If you're new to airsoft, do not get a sniper rifle as your first gun.

Do not, no, just forget the idea.

Sniping in airsoft is not like it seems in the games, you have to spend quite a bit to get a high performance rifle.

Most skirmish sites will have a 60ft minimum engagement range, so anything closer than 60ft and you're screwed and will need to invest in either a good pistol, or something like an MP7 or a small backup weapon for closer battles.

You're severely limiting yourself on what you can do, you're not going to be able to snipe in a corridor or something alike, and will find yourself being a bit bored.

Get an AEG for your first gun, roll with that and if you have a bit of extra cash, then get a rifle, because you then have a back up rifle.

Please, for skirmishing sake, don't get one for your first gun.

I agree sniping isn't the easiest thing to do at te best of times let alone as your first gun

Go aeg...

If ur stubborn like me then a tm vsr 10 (pro or gspec) is the best IMO

But it will need a lot of upgrades as do most snipers so ur gonna need £500+

Liam

Ps double eagle sniper rifles suck!! - if u want a cheap sniper that's relatively good - get a well/warrior l96!

why dose no one listen to me <_< get a M14 stick a bigger spring in it and a scope on it and your grand

why dose no one listen to me <_< get a M14 stick a bigger spring in it and a scope on it and your grand

I Do agree - m14 is best platform for a dmr - but nothing beats a boltie for a sniper IMO ^^

Liam

Archived