Interesting.
I've only done the Bunker once with
@Shamal back in 2022 I think. It was good fun, if somewhat intense (my boys flat out refused to go based on YouTube vids). I drive past it semi-regularly now that my eldest is at Portsmouth uni - I keep meaning to throw some kit in the car and do one of the evening games.
I personally prefer Valiant (not that i've played much in the last 12 months) - it's pace and style of play works better for me and the venue itself is amazeballs.
I had heard on FB of changes coming with UCAP in terms of the management and operation of the sites - it'll be interesting to hear what they are doing with the others.
It took a while to get me back to the bunker. It was a collection of little things that put me off, lots of shouting, pushing the game too hard, marshals stripping people of any kind of stealth tactics by walking up behind them and shouting "move, move, come on lets push forward", which is all well and good until you're wielding a single pistol and there are 8 opposition players around the corner with rifles and lovely little camping areas, waiting to pepper the life out of you.
It started to seem as though there was an element of clique-ness and there were becoming rumours that certain people were managing to skip chrono, resulting in hot RIFs on the field, which isn't particularly fun in such a close quarters environment. I might add that I'd never experienced a hit from anything that felt like a hot gun, and the chrono issue may have been only rumours, but with everything building a gloomy picture of the place I decided to take time away from it.
I had an experience where I had a few duff flash-bangs from their onsite shop, not a big issue. I had a quick chat with one of the staff, to let them know more than anything, he decided it was much more appropriate to call me out in front of everyone, telling me I had no idea how to strike a fuse and that there was nothing wrong with them, despite the fact that they were all damp from storage. It irritated me, because I'd always recommended them as a site to visit, we'd played regularly on an almost weekly basis at one point. The flash-bang incident was the icing on the cake.
Going in last night the atmosphere was much different, it was calm, the marshals were respectable, visible and in the right places at the right time, the briefing was prompt and to-the-point and the game play was well managed. I felt like the night was for the players, like it once used to be, really enjoyed myself. Even if you only go once, it's worth a game for sure.
As for Valiant, that one is on my list of "places to visit". I did the Vendetta site in Gloucester and absolutely loved it, a number of our team have done Valiant already and they loved that too!