The police use G36Cs because they're reasonably cheap.
Armies absolutely DO worry about CQB and fighting in built up areas, so much so that whole villages have been built to train that exact thing.
Bullpups are not inferior, the SA80A2 absolutely smokes the M4A1 on accuracy, terminal effect and reliability. The reason bullpups exist is to provide a longer barrel in an overall shorter weapon.
P90s, MP7s and the like are not designed to be 'fighting weapons', they are personal defence weapons. They do not compete in the same category as full bore rifles and are only used by the units you specified because they are small and concealable, I'm near certain that the secret service will have a truckload of 5.56 calibre rifles ready to go at the drop of a hat.
SEAL team 6 do not use M4s.
In war you very often need to shoot inside of a building
You are right, your opinion is uneducated.
.,..wow. great reading skills.
"you don't
just need to shoot within a building
, but out of it, and that means it
has to preform in both environments"
"
one is just less hampered by that because the barrel is longer, but the other is otherwise superior."
" it has to preform in both environments, and a P90, or a MP5 doesn't,
they have uses, but FISH and CHIPS isn't it. "
"The fact is,
unless you need to conceal a weapon as close protection or a spy, there is such a thing as too short."
FISH: Fighting In Someone's House
CHIPS: Causing Havock In People's Streets
The L85 is a worse weapon as a bulpup than if you took the same parts and put them in a conventional set-up, that's because the trigger is connected to the action by a torsion bar, there's less room for the recoil buffer to work, the extraction port is closer to your face, and the controls are either behind your hand, or connected by torsion bars.
Same with the famas, T21, VHS, AUG, whatever, you put a AK or M4 as a bulpup they're worse than the regular one.
Is a L85 Better than an M4, maybe. Never shot them, don't know.
There is not a massive difference between an 416 and an M4, they're both 5.56 short rifles, same platform, samething.
You got riled up but my first sentence which is arguable, and I wrote it in a confrontation way. But still.
Thanks for agreeing with me, way to go, getting an education without having to read. ^.^
I can tell you now why the army has short versions of the SA80 and it has nothing to do with CQB/FIBUA. Everyone is taught how to use the full length and the short version where originally designed for units where space was a premium ie the Tank regiments and the armoured artillery(MRLS/AS90) and some minor others.
And on another note I would rather take the SA80A2 or now A3 over the M4 found that I was able to shoot much better with the SA80 over the M4. Though that just could of been the years of training with it.
I am aware of that, but thank you for volunteering the information.
Personally I'd prefer an M4 purely because I feel for me, the ergonomics of the switch form semi to full auto are something I find more important than barrel length, move the fire selector and mag buttons on the SA80, whole another story.
Also, Pathfinders, use C4 Rifle, which is basically an M4, not sure what to make of that, but whatever.