The Mall

Tracer is a double edged sword.

Its good because you can definitely see when you hit someone but 10× more annoying when they dont call it and run off. Also unless you are a quick player who moves a lot you are basically gving someone else a target.
I think, knowing you got them and they failed to take the hit, is actually better than, "i'm sure I hit them, they 'might' cheating", it's got to be more rewarding on an individual level, even if not on a teamgame/objectives level. If I was reported for non hit taking i'd like the other guy to be sure. I wouldn't report someone unless I saw sure.

Though there were a 6 instances today, including an under 1m to someone's back, when I wondered if my pistol was just too weak (250fps) for people to feel it.

At the brief for the last game the marshals neglected to mention that you could surrender to the terminator (without calling hit), apparently 75 people signed wavers today. I managed to avoid the terminator 5 times by being passive, while huge crowds of people were running all over the place.

Sadly I observed more than 30 (1 big group of 20, and 2-3 other group) people fail to take pyro/BFG hits from friendly fire during the day. There was a game with the team starting in the lift room, 48v9 for 2m until the rest of the other team could join, one of our team threw a pyro at a wall at the top of the stairs, bounced back and got 12-18 people, I was far enough back to take cover, but it was a shameful affair that non of them took the hit. Worst case of collective incompetence ive seen so far in airsoft.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
At the brief for the last game the marshals neglected to mention hat you could surrender to the terminator (without calling hit), apparently 75 people signed wavers today. I managed to avoid the terminator 5 times by being passive, while huge crowds of people were running all over the place.
Sod that best thing to do with the Terminator is go all out attack on him much more fun.
 
No, stand behind a group of the other team, shoot the Terminator, and leg it :)

 
I find the worst non hit taker(s) is always this guy:

face-mask-black-445-p.jpg


 
Overall, it was a good day, spent a lot more time laying on the floor than ever before. Some peeps on the other team were very 'operator' (shoot first), but I didn't encounter them that often, generally the non hit taking affected a very small part of my day.

I think part of my problem is that I pull the trigger once, people fail to take the hit and then I fire again... many many players just fire over and over, even moving in exchanges under a second, they get so many shots off, if my one shot is ignored or not felt I've received 10 in return, whether or not my hit was first.

That being said, for the whole afternoon, I had only a gas pistol, so its not surprising I wasn't firing loads.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top