Starting an indoor CQB/ SpeedQB site in the Midlands

Interests?

  • I'd love an indoor site!

    Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Not bothered I like getting cold and wet in winter...

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • We already have sufficient sites.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Costs too much, don't bother.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    12

Maybach

Members
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I'm looking to open an indoor CQB site in the midlands, similar to Tac City LA with the ability to run normal skirmishes three times a week and possibly a SpeedQB event once a week for team training or building more interest in the sport. For me the weekend games aren't doing much for me especially with the recent weather such as at Airfest this past weekend and with Winter approaching it's not looking to promising. It's no secret that there is a severe lack of indoor sights but with good reason (warehouse rent and insurance), but offering people the chance to play midweek in warm dry conditions would fill that area that's missing for me. I'm mainly here to see if there is much interest in such a site before continuing putting the wheels in motion after speaking to agents about a suited warehouse.

 
As long as the site layout and marshalling are decent people will turn up.


At the start it would be mainly friends who have 10+ years in paint balling and marshalling who have recently moved to airsoft. For layout I was thinking of a monthly layout change, nothing major but subtle enough to notice.

 
At the start it would be mainly friends who have 10+ years in paint balling and marshalling who have recently moved to airsoft. For layout I was thinking of a monthly layout change, nothing major but subtle enough to notice.


Be careful of that too many sites have their mates as marshals and that often turns into a boys club. All marshals should be staff end of.

To marshal in airsoft they have to be very switched on as catching someone wiping off paint is easy but someone ignoring the tiny white bb is way more difficult to spot.

 
Be careful of that too many sites have their mates as marshals and that often turns into a boys club. All marshals should be staff end of.

To marshal in airsoft they have to be very switched on as catching someone wiping off paint is easy but someone ignoring the tiny white bb is way more difficult to spot.


I agree I've played at similar sites with the same marshalling issues, but staffing marshal's is the plan shortly after the opening.

 
Be careful of that too many sites have their mates as marshals and that often turns into a boys club. All marshals should be staff end of.

To marshal in airsoft they have to be very switched on as catching someone wiping off paint is easy but someone ignoring the tiny white bb is way more difficult to spot.


words i wish more sites lived by

 
I agree I've played at similar sites with the same marshalling issues, but staffing marshal's is the plan shortly after the opening.
No that should be in place before you open.

If your first few games run bad the stigma never leaves, airsofters are like elephants and I don't just mean being fat bastards.

 
Back
Top