Southdown Airsoft Weekender

Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I have been toying with the idea of putting on a weekender at Southdown Airsoft in the May of 2012 (possibly september of 2011 if there was an extraordinary response) it would be on a bank holiday.

If this did go ahead then we would be looking at one of the most epic woodland weekenders in the UK!

The area would span over 120 acres of diverse woodland and include features like an oil rig site and if over 200 people turned up then some tanks!

The site is in West Sussex an hour from london an hour from brighton and 40 mins from portsmouth

Minimum age for the weekend would be 16.

.. anyway tell me what you think and tell me if your interested we're aiming for a minimum of 200 people so if your interested or know a few of your mates would be let me know below!

Cheers

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well if its this year then you know im certainly up for it it, next year though i will be doing TA training.

 
I'd be really interested in this, may 2012 sounds good for me too. I'll tell my tram about it, and try to spread the word to get more interest in it.

Sounds good :)

 
Darn! All of the huge war games won't take 14's :(

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well if your 14 now and your birthday is 20th of may then depending when the bank holiday falls next year you'll be just 16 no?

 
Aaah sorry to hear that, I saw what date you joined the forum ( 20th of may) and just assumed it was your birthday then? haha well maybe just pop along to a skirmish day then :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Might possibly have a vehicle we can use at the weekender, am selling the rangie as ive been offered a mk1 snatch land rover which should be pretty ###### cool :P

 
Sounds awesome, a chance for pintle mounts?! :P

 
haha well, the mount i can do, but finding something cool to attach to it is another issue......gas powered potato cannon anyone? :P

 
Potato guns for the win :P

But seriously some company.... I'm thinking g&p should make a decent m2 Browning. God I would chop of limbs for one :)

 
Might as well go the whole way and get 4....

Browning-50-Cal-M2-Aircraft-Machine-Gun-A18264.jpg


Would love to drive down the road with that on the roof, would definately scare the natives :lol:

 
Lol the whole abnormal (nonairsofting) population would.run for the hills

 
Haha excellent, if you want a land rover wolf I have a disco in tip top condition ;) I'll trade it for your rangerover lol

Anyway back to subject SOUTHDOWN AIRSOFT WEEKENDER who's interested?

We have 4 it's a start only another 196 to make it viable lol

P.s.if we were to run this there would be prizes etc to win as well as food stalls, airsoft shops, camo/equipment shops, firing ranges, pistol matches etc etc :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would be amazed if you make this happen. The only way I could posiably see it working from an amount of players point of view would be if you where to team up with another local site (combat south, ucap etc)

 
I'm not quite sure how joining with another site would make any difference? Apart from advertising in the form of flyers or posters at their sites?, If I get to the stage where I think we're good for the go ahead then I would probably take my team round the local sites and just talk to people about it on the day? If it did happen would you be interested?

Cheers

 
The reason I said that is because of the fact they are more established sites with u much higher number of registered players for instance it's not unusual to see 70-100 players on a walk on at combat south on the weekend.

Weekenders are not easiest for me due to baby and mrs etc but would be something I would consider and I play regular with 10 ish people in our team

 
Back
Top