Operation Skylight - Hertfordshire Location - Okto Eight Milsim

The decision was taken to go with a total group of about 30-40 players so as to provide total immersion.

With this number of people, it allows everybody to get involved and play an instrumental part in the day or weekend. Everybody will get to know their team on the run up to the game and many tactics will be decided before the day.

Also with this number, it allows people to interact more with the props, story and effects and have some involvement in making decisions.

Okto have a high staff to player ratio and it will be leaning towards the filmsim side of milsim.

Milsims come in many shapes and sizes - there is no point doing what others already do.

This will be something a little different and its what the guys at Okto do best.

We have already received a lot of interest, even at this early stage.

On many milsims, you just book up a few weeks before the event, turn up and you're one of many.

This game starts now - the conclusion just happens to be five months away..the players formulate the conclusion.

We are already looking for locations for the follow-on game 3-4 months later.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Booking opens at 0900 tomorrow.

Already a lot of interest.

 
Booking has now opened, so its possible to join up for this immersive filmsim military simulation.

View attachment 11117

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for telling me about the pen Baz. Makes sense now, I thought we were going to be using the actual things :D I hope MDF don't fill up, I should be booking hopefully by mid-may, just need to convince my parents about travel and convince my friend to get down aswell.

 
It's probably prejudice on my part, but I just don't imagine that many airsofters are also twits...

 
Just an idea Baz, and something I have suggested in the past when we've had discussions about these types of games on here. Instead of marshals in Film/Milsims wearing high viz why not kit out in light blue. Marshals = UN inspectors sent in to trouble spots to observe, you could even write it into the scenarios, one of them could be an MI5/6 or CIA type asset that can take part in some games maybe change the colour of their headgear/ whip off the blue helmet cover when they go overt. It is just as obvious as high viz in the woods and both of your teams will be in distinct camo.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Id forgot about that.

I will see what I can organise.

 
Actually, I think in the context of this game, "marshalls" strolling around in UN blue would confuse people.

In some games, you could make it fit, but it will be difficult with this storyline. There are already three forces in different dress in this game.

Its a very large woodland setting and I think in this case, referees in a fluorescent yellow tabard or jacket will be relatively low key.

Just an idea Baz, and something I have suggested in the past when we've had discussions about these types of games on here. Instead of marshals in Film/Milsims wearing high viz why not kit out in light blue. Marshals = UN inspectors sent in to trouble spots to observe, you could even write it into the scenarios, one of them could be an MI5/6 or CIA type asset that can take part in some games maybe change the colour of their headgear/ whip off the blue helmet cover when they go overt. It is just as obvious as high viz in the woods and both of your teams will be in distinct camo.
 
Secure Intel is now starting to sprinkle round the forces..

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top