Do you find there are airsoft events you cannot attend because 0800-0930 is too early?

Do you find there are some weekend airsoft events you cannot attend because 0800-0930 is too early?

  • Yes

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

    Votes: 15 68.2%

  • Total voters
    22

Sacarathe

Members
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Messages
3,392
Reaction score
477
Just wondered about others' experiences. While it's mostly a question of proximity, I've got 7 airsoft sites within 1.5 hours train journey that I cannot reach before 9:40 am at weekends.

I'm not bitter, just wondered how relevant my situation was.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Anything that means getting up before 0900 hrs at the weekend is too early. However, if I want to go to an event then I just make the effort to get up early and go. Not being relient on public transport makes this possible. Advantage of driving is that I can go door to door and carry as much kit as I like. The downside is feeling knackered on the drive home and not being able to have a nap unlike those using a train. I accept an early start time for a full days gameplay, I suppose sites could have variable timings based on the season and available daylight if playing outdoors.

 
A car is by far the best buy anyone anywhere can ever make. Yeah, it's a little knackering getting up early to drive to a far away site, but more often than not the trek is worth it.

Ever considered using a Taxi?

and just for fun:

 
I hate mornings, I hate them even more on my days off lol but if I want to go to a specific event (including my local site) I have to allow them to happen to my sleepy body and brain lol :D

I am also fortunate to have a car/motorbike so can self propel myself to games.

TBH I hate public transport and avoid it as best I can, to me I'd prioritise getting some form of motorised transport unless there were a better reason not to do so. I'm an old git now but have never held a clean licence the 25 years I've been riding bikes and 22 years I've been driving cars. am currently on my 4th licence after being banned for speeding several times and have had bikes stolen in the past yet I still have reasonable insurance costs. Could you not buy a crap 125cc motorbike and CBT then ride around on L plates? Would get you mobile for a couple of years before you'd need to worry about taking a test?

 
I live in the country. My nearest bus stop doesn't start services until 11.40am weekdays. Sundays, it doesn't run. The next nearest bus stop operates in some distant village. The nearest train station is a £20 taxi ( each way) journey. If I didn't have a car, I think I'd have to give up playing anything like local games.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know these feels, the local site is only reachable by personal vehicle or taxi (fecking expensive here) as no public transport goes near it. And then the nearest site is the other side of Wales I believe. Wales is a bitch to travel through xD. Due to work I cant play anyway but if I could here I would have to rely on the university soc to get there and back.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The trains certainly limited the potential distance I can travel for a pickup game, and some sites are a royal pain to get to even taking into account taxis for the last leg of the journey.

 
We have no problem with people who can't get to site early enough.

If you were coming to one of our sites all we would ask is that you let us know you will be late. When you get there we'd get you booked in, go over the safety and game brief, get you chrono'd and stick you in a team.

Not a problem from a site operator's point of view to accommodate, it just means you'd miss out on part of the day.

I would suggest trying an evening/night game but I guess you'd hit the same problem getting home again.

 
Back
Top