CQB Blitz Whitechapel (London)?

I don't know if you have a railcard but the cheapest fare I can get is £18 return

Blitz - £30 + maybe £1 in petrol

Mall - £35 + £18 train + £3 tube

I have spent less money. What I lose in playing and travel time, I gain in time with my family.
Yes, my mistake, sorry about that.

Maybe http://www.ultimaterecreation.co.uk/ are gouging the prices.

Also:

It's extremely vague, but it is clearly not airborne airsoft.

http://www.ultimaterecreation.co.uk/ultimate-airsoft-london/airsoft-london.asp

Maybe they do private games.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's the pricing, the space, the short period of gameplay and the fact it's on a Sunday competing with The Mall.

Whoever put the marketing together really didn't have a clue.

They should have done more research and aimed to fill in the gaps in the market rather than market it to obviously suit their own schedules.

 
It's extremely vague, but it is clearly not airborne airsoft.
http://www.ultimaterecreation.co.uk/ultimate-airsoft-london/airsoft-london.asp

Maybe they do private games.
Ultimate Airsoft London is a customer focused, thriving new arena that is not only the first of its kind in the UK but also Europe. The arena is designed by Airsofters for Airsofters and home to Blitz CQB run by Airbourne Airsoft. Themed as a bombed out 1940s Whitechapel,

Ultimate Airsoft - Private Package £65.00pp, Minimum of 10 players to open a session. Organiser goes free when booking for more than 10 players. 2 hour session.

I appreciate that the site is new and may be well set out, but for that sort of price I would expect at least twice the time and actual game play time not includeing brieifings and breaks.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wha....

Guess someone will have to call them and find out the per hour rate on the daily games, that website's content is truly bad.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, per hour, it's cheaper at the mall. But as an outing for me living in London, I spend less money. However, I'm not keen on the uncertainty of games getting cancelled, I haven't played with Airborne since then but I have heard about a lot of games getting cancelled.

As for your other post about rents I see where your coming from but it still doesnt add up. The amount they pay for the building isn't effected by how long the game is. They could do an all day game and increase the costs by 5 or 10 pound which would cover the cost of the marshalls and utilities but make it a better deal for players.
It doesn't add up because Airborne don't own the site, they pay the leaseholder for the time slots they advertise so I guess if they increased the length of the game the fee would also go up accordingly.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell it, just offering my opinion.

 
For what it is it seems an ok price to me. It is afterall a purpose built CQB venue that had alot of work put into building it.

The Mall on the otherhand, while it is my 'home ground' (if I were a football team), is an abandoned building with leaks, rubbish and debris in places, water logged parts etc.

I keep meaning to go to Blitz, the game fee I am ok with its just the travel.

£22 travel card vs £8 to get to The Mall.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you have a railcard but the cheapest fare I can get is £18 return

Blitz - £30 + maybe £1 in petrol

Mall - £35 + £18 train + £3 tube

I have spent less money. What I lose in playing and travel time, I gain in time with my family.
Hey well, having travel a more reliable route this week, rather than buses, my costs to get to reading and back (greenwich), was £15.20 (Railcard) £24.50 normally. Going to give blitz a go in feb, to be entirely honest the mall is a long day 6am to 6pm.

 
Back
Top