BrightCandle
Members
- Apr 15, 2014
- 1,013
- 422
I played on 13th April.
I personally wasn't that impressed with the site. The floor is absolutely covered in brown paintball paint and glycol mixed with split BB's. You don't notice when you take a knee (your camo is waterproof enough) but once you walk out into the safe zone it looks really horrible. I took a prone position at one point knowing full and well what would happen and man it was really nasty. The place smells strongly of the paint rotting away.
The site itself is also quite small for CQB. Its a T shape area where they start one group at the top of the T and the other at the bottom. Naturally what happens is that the corners of the top of the T end up being a fight around the corners and while there is plenty of cover towards that choke point the choke point itself has basically none. With zero flanking options and a single fatal funnel it ends up being a really limited game. Its low on effort which is great for the unfit (like me) but its not really a good fight. Its really quite dark so its kind of hard to fight in there without a strong tactical light and most of the combat is <20m.
My AEG was over the FPS limit so I ended up renting a gun from them, which was really bad. All the renters get an AK47 or AK74 and they were in pretty bad shape. The first one I had wouldn't feed at all and was held together with multiple pieces of black gaffer tape. The second gun I had gaffer tape on the stock holding the battery in, the pieces of the gun were rattling and moving about (it was full metal) and while it fired it didn't do so consistently. It did at least let me play the game but I am making sure I don't ever have to rent from them again, at £30 for rental they don't compare favourably to most sites on the cost.
Its also worth mentioning I ended up with some bleeding welts through my camo clothing and many of them in the back. Some people there have apparently got quick change springs/nozzles and are ramping up the power after they have passed chrono, which limits all guns to 328 fps. Worse than that they are shooting people with their hands up as they walk away after calling hit, most of my hits are actually from that and not from initially getting shot. The marshals need to find those dangerous a*** h**** and ban them because I don't need to be finding I am bleeding after getting shot 12 times while walking away, especially when those guys doing this are apparently using hot guns.
The preparation area really isn't big enough. Quite a few people get there up to an hour early so they can kit up and get their stuff out of the way because there were like 10 chairs and 50 odd people at the game. 50 people also seems to be far too many considering the size of the site. I don't think you can reasonably have a chance of breaking through that fatal funnel on anything above 10 v 10 with inifite respawns. A limited life respawn might help but mostly its an issue of area design rather than numbers.
Unlike some of the London clubs they at least don't charge you £20+ for membership to get your UKARA form stamped, but at the same time the site just isn't exactly great. I met some really nice people who I had a lot of teaming up with, but they have some problem characters as well who don't call their hits and others using hot guns that they some how smuggled through the chrono tests (which actually wasn't very vigorous because they just called you to chrono, there was no confirmation that everyone had done it or that it had been done on that gun). I could never find a marshal near the action to actually do anything about the problems so I just soldered on.
I personally wasn't that impressed with the site. The floor is absolutely covered in brown paintball paint and glycol mixed with split BB's. You don't notice when you take a knee (your camo is waterproof enough) but once you walk out into the safe zone it looks really horrible. I took a prone position at one point knowing full and well what would happen and man it was really nasty. The place smells strongly of the paint rotting away.
The site itself is also quite small for CQB. Its a T shape area where they start one group at the top of the T and the other at the bottom. Naturally what happens is that the corners of the top of the T end up being a fight around the corners and while there is plenty of cover towards that choke point the choke point itself has basically none. With zero flanking options and a single fatal funnel it ends up being a really limited game. Its low on effort which is great for the unfit (like me) but its not really a good fight. Its really quite dark so its kind of hard to fight in there without a strong tactical light and most of the combat is <20m.
My AEG was over the FPS limit so I ended up renting a gun from them, which was really bad. All the renters get an AK47 or AK74 and they were in pretty bad shape. The first one I had wouldn't feed at all and was held together with multiple pieces of black gaffer tape. The second gun I had gaffer tape on the stock holding the battery in, the pieces of the gun were rattling and moving about (it was full metal) and while it fired it didn't do so consistently. It did at least let me play the game but I am making sure I don't ever have to rent from them again, at £30 for rental they don't compare favourably to most sites on the cost.
Its also worth mentioning I ended up with some bleeding welts through my camo clothing and many of them in the back. Some people there have apparently got quick change springs/nozzles and are ramping up the power after they have passed chrono, which limits all guns to 328 fps. Worse than that they are shooting people with their hands up as they walk away after calling hit, most of my hits are actually from that and not from initially getting shot. The marshals need to find those dangerous a*** h**** and ban them because I don't need to be finding I am bleeding after getting shot 12 times while walking away, especially when those guys doing this are apparently using hot guns.
The preparation area really isn't big enough. Quite a few people get there up to an hour early so they can kit up and get their stuff out of the way because there were like 10 chairs and 50 odd people at the game. 50 people also seems to be far too many considering the size of the site. I don't think you can reasonably have a chance of breaking through that fatal funnel on anything above 10 v 10 with inifite respawns. A limited life respawn might help but mostly its an issue of area design rather than numbers.
Unlike some of the London clubs they at least don't charge you £20+ for membership to get your UKARA form stamped, but at the same time the site just isn't exactly great. I met some really nice people who I had a lot of teaming up with, but they have some problem characters as well who don't call their hits and others using hot guns that they some how smuggled through the chrono tests (which actually wasn't very vigorous because they just called you to chrono, there was no confirmation that everyone had done it or that it had been done on that gun). I could never find a marshal near the action to actually do anything about the problems so I just soldered on.
Last edited by a moderator: