As a group of five friends we travel around playing various airsoft sites around the country. Main CQB style as we mostly prefer indoor in the dark with some stealth and back stabbing.
The site is close to public parking (NCP), but be aware that the £4 Sunday parking becomes £12 if you arrive before 11am. Be prepared to part with a bit more than is stated on the web site.
I wasn't expecting a hot meal to be laid on for lunch, so was pleasantly surprised to find a slice of Margarita pizza, a box of fries and a bottle of water included in the price.
There are two floors of play, upstairs court rooms and downstairs - the holding cells. There are a few nice touches that make it a difficult place to play and equally some very frustrating areas that make it impossible to advance and the bottle necks are horrible.
The team briefs, mission objectives and safety protocols were pretty laughable and really need some work. Yes we go to chrono to ensure we're all safe, and I know it's an honesty based game but it was very easy to avoid chronoing at all. No weapon marking in place. Add to that the chrono's in use were unreliable and if a hot gun was found it still got in the game.
The safe zones were far from safe. Test dry firing all over the place and no marshall intervention. Very bad for a non-eye pro area. Like most places, the safe zone also opened directly into the game zone. But often the extra door was left open. There was very few times there any control over any player entering the safe zone with potentially loaded weapon.
The missions were very haphazard. I think if you were a regular at the site you'd understand them better, but given the amount of first time visitors more "clear" detail to some of the objectives and locations could have been better.
I tried to assist a guy with a hire weapon as he'd emptied his mag and needed a refill. This was impossible to achieve as we were unable to find a marshall or staff to resolve this during the game. I felt so bad for the guy I offered some of my own.
If this had been my first experience of airsoft I'd have come away a disappointed. We can tick it off the list of played sites, but I doubt we'll return.
We have a wide are range 21-50 all walk ons, and no youngsters in our group. On the day the site had a number of young teenagers playing that were a credit to the game.
The site is close to public parking (NCP), but be aware that the £4 Sunday parking becomes £12 if you arrive before 11am. Be prepared to part with a bit more than is stated on the web site.
I wasn't expecting a hot meal to be laid on for lunch, so was pleasantly surprised to find a slice of Margarita pizza, a box of fries and a bottle of water included in the price.
There are two floors of play, upstairs court rooms and downstairs - the holding cells. There are a few nice touches that make it a difficult place to play and equally some very frustrating areas that make it impossible to advance and the bottle necks are horrible.
The team briefs, mission objectives and safety protocols were pretty laughable and really need some work. Yes we go to chrono to ensure we're all safe, and I know it's an honesty based game but it was very easy to avoid chronoing at all. No weapon marking in place. Add to that the chrono's in use were unreliable and if a hot gun was found it still got in the game.
The safe zones were far from safe. Test dry firing all over the place and no marshall intervention. Very bad for a non-eye pro area. Like most places, the safe zone also opened directly into the game zone. But often the extra door was left open. There was very few times there any control over any player entering the safe zone with potentially loaded weapon.
The missions were very haphazard. I think if you were a regular at the site you'd understand them better, but given the amount of first time visitors more "clear" detail to some of the objectives and locations could have been better.
I tried to assist a guy with a hire weapon as he'd emptied his mag and needed a refill. This was impossible to achieve as we were unable to find a marshall or staff to resolve this during the game. I felt so bad for the guy I offered some of my own.
If this had been my first experience of airsoft I'd have come away a disappointed. We can tick it off the list of played sites, but I doubt we'll return.
We have a wide are range 21-50 all walk ons, and no youngsters in our group. On the day the site had a number of young teenagers playing that were a credit to the game.