Following an abortive mission because of the snow last year, we finally made it to Bravo 1 in Birmingham this weekend.
We had a really good day. Very enjoyable, well run, very good facility - needs to open more than one toilet though
But scores really highly on the ranking of sites we've played. On a note about parking, if you go there are some close by parking places for £5-6 for the day. Don't follow your mobile phones advice as we ended up paying £15 at a "Low cost" all day car park.
The organisation was good and they spent time sorting out the teams so that us first timers had some regulars to make it more balanced play, and even continued to amend that during the day.
It's a fast paced site that with the number of players on Sunday (about 40) was just perfect for the games spread over two floors at a time. Any more players and I'm sure it would become three floor games. But this was just right to make it playable and not over crowded.
The regular players made us feel welcome and were very sportsmanlike. Not once was there any call of not hit taking that I encountered. More often than not it was a high five and both of you walk back to regen.
Personally I'd like to see it a bit darker. Some more blue covering on the lights would be good as I thought it was just too bright for my sneaky play style. I'm unsure on the regen and how many exits they have, but found that some of them were camped on by the opposition making exit just abut impossible from some exits. You could work around it by leaving another way and flanking the campers which I made my mission
As with many game days at everywhere I've played the last game seems to escalate into a bit of a free for all. Plenty of spamming going on and more than a few of us ending up with a stitch work of welts.
Highlight of my day was holding a corner with some one shouting "BRAD, BRAD, BRAD are you there?" "Yes, mate - is it safe?" "Yeah" - boom head shot
We'll certainly be returning to Bravo 1.
We had a really good day. Very enjoyable, well run, very good facility - needs to open more than one toilet though
The organisation was good and they spent time sorting out the teams so that us first timers had some regulars to make it more balanced play, and even continued to amend that during the day.
It's a fast paced site that with the number of players on Sunday (about 40) was just perfect for the games spread over two floors at a time. Any more players and I'm sure it would become three floor games. But this was just right to make it playable and not over crowded.
The regular players made us feel welcome and were very sportsmanlike. Not once was there any call of not hit taking that I encountered. More often than not it was a high five and both of you walk back to regen.
Personally I'd like to see it a bit darker. Some more blue covering on the lights would be good as I thought it was just too bright for my sneaky play style. I'm unsure on the regen and how many exits they have, but found that some of them were camped on by the opposition making exit just abut impossible from some exits. You could work around it by leaving another way and flanking the campers which I made my mission
As with many game days at everywhere I've played the last game seems to escalate into a bit of a free for all. Plenty of spamming going on and more than a few of us ending up with a stitch work of welts.
Highlight of my day was holding a corner with some one shouting "BRAD, BRAD, BRAD are you there?" "Yes, mate - is it safe?" "Yeah" - boom head shot
We'll certainly be returning to Bravo 1.