Battle Lakes, Kent review

  • Thread starter Thread starter PT247
  • Start date Start date
We shall be wearing our new AFUK patches thanks @L3wisD.

We shall defo meet up, you can see how us nutters play, we should have comms(for the first time) so we can talk more bollocks to each other. 

Should be fun, looking forward to it, although this pesky snow could put a spanner in the works.

 
We shall be wearing our new AFUK patches thanks @L3wisD.

We shall defo meet up, you can see how us nutters play, we should have comms(for the first time) so we can talk more bollocks to each other. 

Should be fun, looking forward to it, although this pesky snow could put a spanner in the works.
Yeah we used comms for first time last time out.... deffo came in handy given the size of battle lakes!

will hopefully have you lot on our side then..... best to be on the nutters side I say!!

see you Sunday mate.

Gaz

 
We shall be wearing our new AFUK patches thanks @L3wisD.

We shall defo meet up, you can see how us nutters play, we should have comms(for the first time) so we can talk more bollocks to each other. 

Should be fun, looking forward to it, although this pesky snow could put a spanner in the works.
Hello fella, did you lads go in the end?

 
Hello fella, did you lads go in the end?
Yes mate, we only did half a day as we weren’t exactly feeling it. The people and the marshalls were great, just didn’t think the site was all it had been hyped up to be.

And after lying in the snow for 20mins I didn’t have much inclination to go back out there.

If your ever come north of the river for a game, give us a shout as we are bound to come along for a laugh.

 
Yes mate, we only did half a day as we weren’t exactly feeling it. The people and the marshalls were great, just didn’t think the site was all it had been hyped up to be.

And after lying in the snow for 20mins I didn’t have much inclination to go back out there.

If your ever come north of the river for a game, give us a shout as we are bound to come along for a laugh.
was this Battle Lakes or Apocalypse? (Just so it doesn't put people off the wrong site!)

 
was this Battle Lakes or Apocalypse? (Just so it doesn't put people off the wrong site!)
BattleLakes. Like I say, the players, Marshall’s, safe zone, food were all awesome( wouldn’t expect anything less from Zed Adventures), just the site I didn’t think was as amazing as everyone makes it out to be.

Think I have been spoilt with some really great sites.

 
ahh fair enough, I guess horses for courses, I thought it to be an awesome layout once you get your head around the map. I love the freedom to roam and flank folk so it surprises me that you didn't gel with the map.

 
ahh fair enough, I guess horses for courses, I thought it to be an awesome layout once you get your head around the map. I love the freedom to roam and flank folk so it surprises me that you didn't gel with the map.
Your not wrong. The layout is a bit bottlenecked, no matter what you’ll end up at a position that’s difficult to advance on. Don’t get me wrong, our snipers had a field day, but that was one of the issues.

I managed to get into a bush and Mk23 5 guys, before someone just came in bushwhacking, full auto on all the bushes and peppered me at less than 4ft. If he’d opened his eyes he would have seen me; I’m not exactly small or discrete.

Also, travel to there from mine was over 90miles, don’t think I’ll be heading back anytime soon.

 
Yes mate, we only did half a day as we weren’t exactly feeling it. The people and the marshalls were great, just didn’t think the site was all it had been hyped up to be.

And after lying in the snow for 20mins I didn’t have much inclination to go back out there.

If your ever come north of the river for a game, give us a shout as we are bound to come along for a laugh.
Haha think we have our wires crossed fella as I thought you were going Apocalypse! No wonder I couldn’t find you haha

yeah the snow was grim wasn’t it mate, was freezing our n*ts off waiting around for first game to begin....was the longest site rule/game briefing I’ve ever listened too! We stayed till around half 3 then chipped off quickly as the snow started coming down hard! Literally couldn’t tell if the bb’s were hitting their targets in the end.... 

site was alright tho, quite big with free roam like at battle lakes which was good. Buildings/villages were decent enough with towers etc which made assaulting a challenge. 

That is the shame with battle lakes that it has no buildings or fortified positions to defend or attack. Also some mechanised transport would make games more interesting... one of the games we did at apocalypse involved defending a pickup whilst it made its way through the woods whilst it dropped bombs off at various locations... it couldn’t move unless 4 players or more were defending it... enjoyed that one..... safe zone area was better then battle lakes as there were plenty of raised covered wooden tables to put you gear on..... hot food good too.

yes mate we are always on lookout for new decent places to go so may well come up to you area in future... what’s the best ones near you mate?

looking forward to uk vs USA at dogtag in May! A long weekend of pew pew and beer!

gaz

 
Back
Top