Absolute Airsoft in Reading. What Is it Like?

he following or something very similar: "The Insured must chronograph the gun the first time the member plays at the site and after any modifications to ensure compliance;".
Interesting that they don't stipulate every game day as a well meaning player could be using a hot gun without realising. For example a gbb rif firing at just below the site limit on cooler day could easily become a hot gun in warmer days (or even in the few hours between chrono in the morning and lunchtime. Also I had a Chinese ak which somehow jumped up by 30fps after about 6 months use with no work done to it

 
Interesting that they don't stipulate every game day as a well meaning player could be using a hot gun without realising. For example a gbb rif firing at just below the site limit on cooler day could easily become a hot gun in warmer days (or even in the few hours between chrono in the morning and lunchtime. Also I had a Chinese ak which somehow jumped up by 30fps after about 6 months use with no work done to it
It did surprise us, to the extent that we queried it with several of the companies, explaining the issues to them.

 
We check that everybody is prepared to drive at the speed limit when they pass their test.  I don't know why we go to all the cost and bother of speed cameras, having ensured compliance.
Not sure you've understood what I'm getting at. I'm surprised that there would be a clause which could easily allow a hot gun on the field, whether it's deliberate or accidental

 
Not sure you've understood what I'm getting at. I'm surprised that there would be a clause which could easily allow a hot gun on the field, whether it's deliberate or accidental


Oh, I'm agreeing with that, it's nonsensical and would just be making a rod for their own backs.

Apologies if I'm missing context, I've long since stopped reading Mr jallen's diatribes.

 
View attachment 83134

signs-quit-job-no-power-over-me.gif


 
Isn't this site run by Mark Wooley? The same Mark Wooley who ran the online shop Special Airsoft Supplies, who conned and scammed god knows how many airsofters for over a decade? Google that website and you will find hundreds of people complaining about never getting what they ordered and a total lack of responses to all phone/email/letters. Despite being responsive at the sales stage. There are even Facebook groups about it, eg "Special Airsoft Supplies are con artists".

This man is a serial con man, who has been stealing from the airsoft community for many years. Please do not give him your money. He really should be in prison.

 
Isn't this site run by Mark Wooley? The same Mark Wooley who ran the online shop Special Airsoft Supplies, who conned and scammed god knows how many airsofters for over a decade? Google that website and you will find hundreds of people complaining about never getting what they ordered and a total lack of responses to all phone/email/letters. Despite being responsive at the sales stage. There are even Facebook groups about it, eg "Special Airsoft Supplies are con artists".

This man is a serial con man, who has been stealing from the airsoft community for many years. Please do not give him your money. He really should be in prison.
That’s the one… nothing new there.

 
Oh, that does seem consistent.  We've long known about Wooley.




 
Last edited by a moderator:
Going by his bullshit excuses for why stuff hasn't been posted I swear his granny must've died about 6 times 

 
Is it not well known that this Mark Wooley is the same one behind Special Airsoft Supplies, or do people generally not care he's a con man?
Personally, I could not give money to such a disgraceful excuse for a human being.

 
I think it's because he preys on kids (not like that) and newbies as they don't know about his reputation 

 
Hah, I guess I'm a bit passionate about it, as I'm one of those people he ripped off (£300 out of pocket).

My comments aren't really directed at the people here, but more in general trying to understand why people are still giving this man money.
300 quid, I'd take off his 'kin thumbs if he did that to me ?

But yeah, mad that he's still involved in anything airsoft considering how long he's quite been quite literally robbing people.

 
300 quid, I'd take off his 'kin thumbs if he did that to me ?

But yeah, mad that he's still involved in anything airsoft considering how long he's quite been quite literally robbing people.
It was about 10 years ago, and as you can tell I'm still angry :). Not sure I'd be able to control myself if I ever saw his ugly troll face though.

I didn't bother going the small claims route, as many did. Because I read he had so many debt collectors after him he would get a family member to always answer the door and claim he wasn't home. Plus debt collectors usually take half of the debt.

 
It was about 10 years ago, and as you can tell I'm still angry :). Not sure I'd be able to control myself if I ever saw his ugly troll face though.

I didn't bother going the small claims route, as many did. Because I read he had so many debt collectors after him he would get a family member to always answer the door and claim he wasn't home. Plus debt collectors usually take half of the debt.
Maybe they should go to his site on game day, call him out in the middle of his safety briefing & take what's owed from his takings?

 
Back
Top