I called in at the Grange / Gunman on Frog Lane, Coventry over the weekend. I found it's my closest UKARA site and thought as a noob I'd pay them a visit.
It's worth giving them a call before turning up to make sure someone is available in the shop. I just happened to be close by and the guys running a martial arts session went and found someone to open the shop up.
I spent quite some time chatting with Andy about playing the site, finding out what days were coming up and how to sign up. I'll post a review in the next month of how playing a skirmish day goes.
But what I thought useful was that talking with an enthusiast who runs the shop there was no pressure to buy at all. We spoke at some length about the sport, the weapons, ammo, games sites etc. and I walked out without spending a dime. Andy's a thoroughly nice bloke who gave up a chunk of time to talk with a noob and the only benefit was that I may come back in future. Equally his wife Marie, who I corresponded with by email was as helpful. I'm looking forward to going on a skirmish or two over the next month or two.
So many thanks for your time Andy. I look forward to running around in the woods next month.
It's worth giving them a call before turning up to make sure someone is available in the shop. I just happened to be close by and the guys running a martial arts session went and found someone to open the shop up.
I spent quite some time chatting with Andy about playing the site, finding out what days were coming up and how to sign up. I'll post a review in the next month of how playing a skirmish day goes.
But what I thought useful was that talking with an enthusiast who runs the shop there was no pressure to buy at all. We spoke at some length about the sport, the weapons, ammo, games sites etc. and I walked out without spending a dime. Andy's a thoroughly nice bloke who gave up a chunk of time to talk with a noob and the only benefit was that I may come back in future. Equally his wife Marie, who I corresponded with by email was as helpful. I'm looking forward to going on a skirmish or two over the next month or two.
So many thanks for your time Andy. I look forward to running around in the woods next month.