SE Tour Review: Ace Combat (Kent)

Im going to gloss over the regulars being called in to defend the honor of the site as they were clearly asked to come over and post and fair enough they may honestly feel upset by the review but in all fairness its hardly a scathing review telling us all to stay away.

The bad points are not generally going to stop people from attending, other than the safe zone and parking issue which if there is space on site, and most sites have spare spaces they can convert or put to parking etc.

The comment about food being free so don't moan is childish, as someone who doesn't eat meat and mostly avoids dairy site food is generally atrocious and reviews like this are super helpful as I will know to bring my own food.

Toilets are generally an issue on woodland sites which is always annoying and shops on site in my opinion only need to sell, water, snacks and bb's grenades etc. I don't really go to a site to expect to buy anything more than some extra bb's or a eye pro if I forgot mine for example.

I think the good points and bad points equal out to a balanced review which is what Asmodai tends to produce. the hands of marshaling comment an actually be taken as a good or a bad, personally if you do not need a marshal or have a day where one is not needed then that is a positive so not sure why the regulars are pointing that out to be a false statement.

Its a little far for me and for the money I can play nearer at a site I know and like so will not be going out of my way to attend, so while not great for the site, this review is super helpful for me!!

 
No one has told me to defend anything xD I am on these forums daily for years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion just as I am to disagree with the parts of the review i believe are false. Not 100% sure why its frowned upon to disagree on any points. If these are the forums regulars you are hardly improving the impression of it trying to downplay a disagreement ?

 
Matt, you cant say the issues are "false", that would mean any negatives within the OP's review are lies, which I'm sure isn't the case, rather these are the issues he encountered on the day, your response, or the site owner if he chose to reply, should be something like "that's unusual, that doesn't usually happen", or something similar, if the site regulars are gonna dispute the review, then they should do so constructively, not spit dummies out with comments like "I don't care if you don't come back", just sounds like the kiddie crap usually reserved for facebook ?

How many times have we seen games, sometimes on a massive scale, that have just turned in to a clusterfuck, yet those behind it never put their hands up & say "we got it wrong", thankfully this isn't the case & the review only highlights a few issues, after all nowhere (& no one) is perfect.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Christ, just the responses here are enough to put me off, let alone the review! 

 
Christ, just the responses here are enough to put me off, let alone the review! 




Seconded! Players go a long way to if I want to go back or even try a site, generally ill have a look at facebook etc and join a site page to see what site players attitudes seem to be (probably not the best way of going about it but you can sometimes judge players by what and how they post online!)

Although I disagree with most of the things you’ve said. I have no problem not seeing you here again. 


This is a pretty ignorant review of perhaps one of the best managed sites there is. complaining about the food when it is free, complaining about the shop when there isn’t one they just have essentialls for you to buy. the safe zone is more than big enough for the player base and complaining about the size of the car park and safe zone size is ignorant because that is not under the control of the owner as this is the landowners property. Complaining about a long safety brief? Who cares! It’s for your own safety, remember some people there have never played airsoft before. The bang rule is optional not compulsory,  the range is closed but you can ask a marshal to go there with you. Play more and learn a bit about the site before making false comments. There marshals there are the best there is, the games flow and cheating is next to non existent, easily the best site in kent for those who want to make an educated opinion.


Nothing in the review is negative as has been alluded to by numerous others in replies above me. I know the site I work at has been going a fairly long time in comparison to most out there at the moment and yes improvements need to be made. Sometimes these cant be down because of stipulations by the site owner (one of ours is we cant build/do anything that cant be removed if we have to leave and also cant cut down trees etc unless dead or fallen) you try to make up for these small issues by doing other things for players.

Jumping on the forum to say that the guy writing the review is lying or is making false claims is bollocks, the review is fair and concise to how he felt in his opinion his day went and how the site operates (again as mentioned that's his opinion and he is entitled to it) Don't agree.. try and be a bit more constructive rather than acting childish with replies and offering nothing to the conversation other than "you're wrong, I'm right"

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Christ, just the responses here are enough to put me off, let alone the review! 


I agree. I was planning to pop along to Ace Combat in the near future, but if this is how their playerbase react to a well written bit of critique on the internet, I'm not sure I want to find out how they react in the real world. The review wasn't even massively negative either, just seems to outline the site. Asomodai's reviews have pushed me to try sites I hadn't thought of, and in all honesty I've agreed with pretty much every review he's made of sites I've been to, so to repeatedly call him ignorant and a liar just comes across as incredibly immature. 

I must admit I've noticed some amount of 'site loyalty' with people in Airsoft, who will defend even bad sites against any form of criticism, I really don't understand it as nowhere is perfect! 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I've noticed some amount of 'site loyalty' with people in Airsoft, who will defend even bad sites against any form of criticism, I really don't understand it as nowhere is perfect! 


The closest we have come to a perfect site is Airsoft Plantation and I believe the little bits we complained about have been addressed! 

But oddly enough, it wasn't the most "fun" site we have been to. Its interesting how well reviewed sites do not necessarily mean the most fun! (Though we did have a fantastic time at AP)

Also, thank you for your comments. Its nice to know that many people have read my stuff!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this announcement on Arnies. 

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/101107

Platoon stores usually provide a decent shop, good to see! Seems like they are getting somewhat of a monopoly in Kent. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm Platoon Stores are at Ace Combat...

...my brother grabbed an ASG Evo and a hi cap and the great guy there threw in a few patches and was very good when the mid cap the gun came with turned out to be a bit crap!

 
Can confirm Platoon Stores are at Ace Combat...

...my brother grabbed an ASG Evo and a hi cap and the great guy there threw in a few patches and was very good when the mid cap the gun came with turned out to be a bit crap!
I have nothing but praise for Platoon stores. The evo midcaps are known to be a bit flaky! (Ask my battle buddy!)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top