Recent content by The_Lord_Poncho

  1. The_Lord_Poncho

    What have you made?

    Insane! Are these the 3d printed ring cap examples? If so, what model - they look great.
  2. The_Lord_Poncho

    Camelot Airsoft (Dorking, Surrey)

    Very interesting! Let us know how you get on, I would be very tempted to give them a try at some point too. Always nice to have some options locally, and with a bit of luck, this might keep the numbers down a bit at my closest site - Driver Wood - which would be nice....
  3. The_Lord_Poncho

    Exeter Skirmish - Ceasing Games

    I suspect this was the former owners. I think the guys at Driver Wood took the site over last year - the most they are probably guilty of is a lack of due diligence it might seem. I worry that we are purely speculating though - unless others have spotted anything, I've not come across anything...
  4. The_Lord_Poncho

    Exeter Skirmish - Ceasing Games

    They can be very challenging to achieve a level of pragmatism from. One of the symptoms from an organisation that is largely staffed with workers who are passionate about their chosen career subject matter, with significant autonomy and freedom given to local officers.
  5. The_Lord_Poncho

    Exeter Skirmish - Ceasing Games

    This is the citation for the SSSI: https://designatedsites.naturalengland.org.uk/PDFsForWeb/Citation/1002920.pdf It's designated for ancient woodland, and the species that habitat supports. Looks like the permission has been renewed multiple times, with Natural England being a consultee each...
  6. The_Lord_Poncho

    Help needed identifying Sniper Rifle inners

    That 'small rod' - if I'm understanding correctly, is known as a 'hop arm'. You might find them sold separately, but you probably would have to buy it as part of a new completely hop unit (which are not particularly expensive in any regard). I would suspect that most after market parts sold for...
  7. The_Lord_Poncho

    Help needed identifying Sniper Rifle inners

    Well also make a clone of the Marui AWS - the Well MB4401. I would suspect that is what you have landed. The good news is that trigger is a pretty expensive upgrade. Spare parts are available - e.g. for the hop unit -...
  8. The_Lord_Poncho

    Another old airsofter, back at the game!

    Welcome back! I've been to the Epsom tunnels a few times over the past few years - a blend of really great evenings there, and really bad evenings - with nothing really in between - a bit of a haphazard set up I suppose, with the attention of the staffing not really helping to maintain a...
  9. The_Lord_Poncho

    The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

    100% - fewer people (to a point) are much better days. Case in point- driver wood had 120 players yesterday morning. Very congested game play, despite such a big playing area, and became attritional to the point that my choice of weaponry for the first game- 1j Kar 98 was a very significant...
  10. The_Lord_Poncho

    Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

    A few rare photos that i recently tracked down of me back in April at Battlelakes:
  11. The_Lord_Poncho

    Question about AAP01 barrel lengths

    I have put a 200mm in a tti kit before, but that took it up to dmr levels of power. I currently have a 150/160mm barrel in one, that I need to run on 85psi with hpa to stick at 1.1j. It cycles fine at that power. If you are wishing to run it on green gas, you may find that you could be a little...
  12. The_Lord_Poncho

    Gun picture thread

    There is also a free diemaco/c7 butt pad 3d printing file available on the net. I printed one in TPU, smoothed it with sand paper, and then gave it a quick gentle blast with the heat gun, and it looks+works fantastically.
  13. The_Lord_Poncho

    The 'What have you just bought' Thread

    I have a bottle of pure ethanol that I bought off ebay years ago that i use for those tasks. works well to dissolve sticky residue.
  14. The_Lord_Poncho

    Nuprol mesh goggles

    They are absolutely fine safety wise - I've been wearing them for years, and they are pretty much a staple for many of the players at the sites I visit. Shot multiple times on them, never a problem. Once they get a bit too dented, for good measure I replace for a new pair - usually after 10 or...
  15. The_Lord_Poncho

    Recs for AAP01 HPA

    The airtac adapters work well, and if you are dead set on running it HPA, i would recommend their shotshell adapter. But really, if it is only to be run as a secondary, I'm really not sure what the benefits of HPA'ing it would be. The AAP runs better than most as a year round secondary on green...
Back
Top