Custom Paint Jobs

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What do you think  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are custom paint jobs cool or tacky

• Cool
    • Tacky
    • A bit of both

• Supporters

Have you seen any good custom paint jobs or how to vids

Do you think thay only look good on certain guns

Have you seen any that work well in the field

Ect Ect

You get the idea, feel free to rant :P

• Supporters

Depends I prefer a 'two tone' style jobs- black and od, black and tan etc

I'm not a huge fan even on sniper rifles and definitley no on assault rifles, however there's always a few exceptions:

P1020912.jpg

Long story short, they have to be bloody good, otherwise they ruin the look. 'Worn effects' can look good though.

• Supporters

Hydro-dipping interests me though, seen a few examples out and about, looks great- but one of the rifles I've seen with it had worn quite badly- not sure how much use it's seen though and I'm sure a matt varnish would help

• Supporters

I heard of the Hydro painting I was thinking of putting carbon fibre look on one of my G36's

personally i prefer the battered and scuffed look for my kit as nothing says looks like craigs gun than a broken stock, grip, front sight, sling, bipod, ect ect but then again as said above a good paint job and its boss and a bad one and you will be known as the bloke with the F in art B)

Hydro-dipping interests me though, seen a few examples out and about, looks great- but one of the rifles I've seen with it had worn quite badly- not sure how much use it's seen though and I'm sure a matt varnish would help

I've been looking into this recently oddly enough! The dipping itself is not a permanent coating, you're supposed to give it a few coats of clear before you use it. Sounds like that wasn't done or the undercoat/primer was wrong and the pattern didn't take properly.

I spend more time making/modding guns than I do playing these days so most of my paintjobs are done to amuse myself. Some look good, some look bad. I've been going through a digital phase at the moment. Lots of fiddly templates and coats of paint:

ak2.jpg

m4-omni.jpg

Depends I prefer a 'two tone' style jobs

but your G36...

anyway, it depends how they're done, someone who does some bright tan or has a mix of aftermarket parts it can look tacky although I do like the SF dusted look or when someone has a decent job at a camo.

I may very well be spraying my shotgun and the next m4 i get A-TACS or A-TACS FG

Archived