Wolf Armouries

the_robbo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I first got into airsoft me and my dad both bought guns from them when they had the shop in High Wycombe and they couldn't do more for us. I took my m4 to have the battery rewired to the stock which obviously meant they took the gun apart. A week later had the dreaded sound of grinding gears. Rang them anf didnt want to know I thought they was rude and seemed like they couldn't be bothered to talk to you. Could have been coincidence just weird it happened a week later and it hadn't even been used loads of times. Customer service sucks won't be using them this time round.

• 2 months later...

Ordered a very specific, picky order from Adrian from Wolf Armouries. He was very pleasant and wanted to help. Jeremy was on the Saturday also.

Gun arrived from them. Spot on.

Excellent customer service from Adrian and Jeremy.

Shame about others poor experiences with them.

Those staff have been let go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully! Adrian and Jeremy are very friendly and helpful. And knowledgeable!

• 1 month later...

I had a very good experience buying from Wolf Armouries recently. Sure their website may not be the best ... but my experience of dealing with Jeremy on a recent transaction was excellent. The chap knows his stuff, speaks properly, was patient with me... and was honest about his ability to get me an item I needed. My items arrived in super-quick time and were very well packaged.

I will certainly buy from Wolf Armouries again.

• 1 month later...

I visited Wolf Armouries twice this week first time to get an Orga barrel for my Tippmann and then again on Friday after my mate decided he wanted one aswell also bought a Magpul stock. I hadn't been in there for years as the staff they had it there to put it blunt were arseholes. They have now gone and the new staff were very friendly and Bill who I chatted to for a while about stocks etc was very helpful so I'm pleased to say I will now be using a lot more often.

• 3 months later...

Bought a couple of lens protectors from them last week. Spoke to a guy called Bill who was very helpful helping me with the right sizes to fit my scopes.

Order arrived as promised with items as described. I'd happily order from the again.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had to speak to anyone, but I ordered a WE scar H from them. Was supposed to come today but it arrived on Saturday so I'm more than happy.

• 2 weeks later...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it doesn't work properly!!!!

Clicked on the Featured brands boxes on the right, and ALL three took me to a different manufacturer :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised....?

• Supporters

Too bad updated is not synonymous with improved.

yeah haha

I didnt spend much time there was only passing through but its a damn sight easier to navigate and filter stuff out you dont want rather than 153 pages of AEGs in stock and out of stock, past and present.

I had a bit of a nightmare with that site yesterday. Casually browsing for toys and I spotted a WE mp5 for a cheap price in the list of guns. When I clicked on the item to open up it's none existent description page, the price had shot up by about £70. Phoned them up and they said they'd sort it. An hour later they had, but in that hour I'd also found a WE svd for a real cheap price, but the same problem. So again I phone up so I could get that issue fixed and order both. 3 hours later it's been 'fixed' and the price had shot back up. Needless to say, I didn't buy it. Dunno how difficult it is to sort a website out, but airsoft retailers seem to be incapable. JD airsoft did it to me a couple of weeks ago.

I wanted to get the WE SD3, email query went unanswered and having just phoned them, it isn't in stock, despite the website saying it was.

New website, same issues IMHO.

• Root Admin

Because they don't have a website that properly incorporates point of sale and online orders so their stock goes out of whack every time someone walks in and they ring it up at the till. I can't think of any other reasonable way it could be happening unless their website is so rudimentary that it's not updating stock even for online orders, or they're too lazy to adjust their stock values when they need to order something in.

It looks to me like it was done on the cheap and their back-end systems just aren't there for a shop of that size; it's a fresh lick of paint on a rusty old car.

Edit:

Was wrong - see bottom of page

I'm ashamed to say, I folded and bought the svd after they fixed the price 2 days later. The price outweighed my stubbornness. In their defence, everything I've ordered from them has been shipped and delivered promptly. They just need to sort their site out... and move to the north, as I hate giving southerners money lol.

• Supporters

I'm ashamed to say, I folded and bought the svd after they fixed the price 2 days later. The price outweighed my stubbornness. In their defence, everything I've ordered from them has been shipped and delivered promptly. They just need to sort their site out... and move to the north, as I hate giving southerners money lol.

Its the only way us down south get any of our money back from you benefit scrounging northerners.

Northerners buying fancy airsoft guns is enough for me to rattle off a quick letter to The Department for Pensions and Benefits tbh.

Because they don't have a website that properly incorporates point of sale and online orders so their stock goes out of whack every time someone walks in and they ring it up at the till. I can't think of any other reasonable way it could be happening unless their website is so rudimentary that it's not updating stock even for online orders, or they're too lazy to adjust their stock values when they need to order something in.

It looks to me like it was done on the cheap and their back-end systems just aren't there for a shop of that size; it's a fresh lick of paint on a rusty old car.

I'm gonna weigh in here because I know the fact is the point of sale is a plugin on the website, so it's working off the same stock file, and the website is a magento build with the stock levels being driven by a cloud based inventory management system.

Stock problems are due theft, loss, damage and over a decade gone by with only 2-3 stock takes done on an inventory of over 5000 lines by underpaid and under-appreciated staff.

So it's more like fresh paint, interior and fittings and maybe even the electronics, but yes, everything else is still rusty and old.

• Root Admin

That's reasonable and probably goes hand-in-hand with the below.

Stock problems are due theft, loss, damage and over a decade gone by with only 2-3 stock takes done on an inventory of over 5000 lines by underpaid and under-appreciated staff.

Weren't the old staff really rude and condescending to walk-ins and for online purchases/support? That's what the first page of this thread said but that seemed to change. Did the staff change too?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.