Wolf Armouries

the_robbo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ordered an aeg on Monday morning. Very prompt checking of defence details followed by a swift dispatch which I received today.

Everything was communicated as it happened by email. Very pleased.

Thanks Wolf.

• 6 months later...

don't by from wolf armouries! my gun arrived and was firing at 380fps with .2 gram bb when it says on their web site 320-360 and they said it would take large batteries witch it did not and the hop up did not work so it is being fixed by fire support. I got a src srg36kv, and I went to the shop and did not feel welcome at all!

• Supporters

I bought from them a few times as I was getting started. They really don't make you feel valued at all if you have any kind of direct contact with them.

Phone and emails.

They became very blunt and rude with me after a short time, maybe 5 emails at the most and a phone call or two. I was a noob, I was trying to get more info, I was unaware of the forums at that point as I wasn't a big internet user or anything etc etc. I was trying to get an idea of what I was buying and they just couldn't have given less of a shit, was my impression.

Whenever I emailed them and the email contained more than 3 questions, they would never answer more than 1 of them and even that wouldn't be in any detail.

They also have that automated response thing that says, "As we get hundreds of emails a day... blahblahblah" yeah right. Hundreds? That's got to be bollocks. Why don't they get more people working on responding to them?

I'm actually fairly sure I've been added to some sort of block list, as I've not received a single reply to anything I've ever sent them since they were rude all those years ago.

I try to avoid buying from them unless they're the only place stocking what I'm after.

I experienced the fps issue you did as well, Adam. It was shooting around 390 and they'd said it was in the 350 region.

I went to their shop and every one was giving me weird looks! and the guy who served me look like he had no interest in any of the customers at all, now I am quoting from the warranty "customised guns cannot be returned this includes painted VCRA compliant guns." and you have to fork-out the bill for shipping.

I ordered a few things from there abouuuut 4 months ago. Just a couple of accessories and such so I had no problems :) But their website is not exactly user friendly. Half their stock is alway sold out and the other half have no images. Shouldnt be difficult to update but meh. To each their own.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an old topic, I know but I feel the same with iAcorn regarding the website. Their website is an absolute mess. There are rifles on there with little to no information regarding the item and no images. I certainly, as well as everyone else, would like to see what they are buying and what stats and information are associated to that item. I have only been in Airsoft for a short time and I'm actually avoiding to use them and favour companies such as LWA or Airsoftworld.

I do hope Wolf Armouries find someone capable of rebuilding their website and put accurate details up.

However, I have never brought anything from them or been instore so I won't comment on customer service etc.

• 3 weeks later...

i like them i ordered all my stuff for my 416 from them and almost ordered the wrong mags in a different order and phoned to check if my order was correct. i think there service is good

I've used Wolf Armouries for the last few years for various bits and would have to say that they are hit and miss. At time their service is good and at times it pretty awful. My last visit to their store resulted in me walking out empty handed due to the unwelcome feeling I was given despite recognising staff who have helped me before.

I would continue to use them as they do have a pretty wide range of products but my main gripes about Wolf are....

1. Website needs a face lift. It is poorly laid out and there is a real lack of detail about their products and plenty of images are missing for products that any new player would not know anything about.

2. Their shop is in a right state. Its too cluttered and messy and trying to find a specific item can be a nightmare. Their actual armoury out the back seems to have been depleted of guns!

3. Customer service skills of the staff (Not all the staff, one or two are quite friendly and helpful) needs addressing. I have 10 years retail experience with Europe's largest mobile phone retailer and having been based on London's busiest shopping street (Oxford st), I can vouch that good customer service not only leads to a better customer base, better profits and FREE advertising through word of mouth.

Come on Wolf, pull yourself together.

• 11 months later...

I made a purchase recently, the website was ok to use and the delivery was good (even though it was City Link, who I hate with a vengeance and not Royal Mail as it says on the website).

The problem I had was when I called them to inquire about the item I was looking to buy, the guy sounded like he really coudn't be arsed talking to me, and almost as if I was bothering him, which personally I found quite rude.

The only reason I did go ahead and make the purchase was because they were the only place who had what I wanted in stock, if it had been in stock elsewhere, simply because of the chap's phone manner, I would have bought elsewhere (even if the price was higher).

I found wolf armouries a pleasure to deal with. They had a good offer on MP5 and M4 mag multipacks, so I ordered both seeing as the delivery cost is quite high. I only got an order placed email (order dispatched email would have been nice), but my order arrived the next day as promised, and overall it was much cheaper than anywhere else. The stuff that isn't on offer is not very competitively priced though.

The thing with all these shops is that anybody can build a website, take an order and despatch a gun. This proves nothing. The real measure of these retailers is how they respond to product enquiries i.e. timely, interested and more importantly, what they do when things go wrong i.e. warranty claims, lost packages, etc.

Saying I saw, I bought, I got doesn't mean very much.

• 5 weeks later...

I went to wolf on Saturday. I've bought from their website and had no issues but this time i had to go up there for a specific gun. The shop its self was very cluttered and the armory out the back was a complete mess.

The chap who served me tried to help as much as he could but didn't seem to know much about the products and kept having to go and see his fellow employees.

The staff seemed friendly enough but even tho they were not that busy they all seemed to be rushing around. I ended up helping a noob as they didn't seem to have time.

All in all not a bad place. The staff were polite but could do with staff who knew more about the products. It really does need a good tidy up. Maybe they have tried to make their website look like their shop!!!!

Knowledge 5/10

Friendliness 8/10

Stock 7/10

• 8 months later...

Worst shop ever, tried to get away with charging me twice, smarmy T**t on the phone when I called them, and it took four days for my order to turn up even though I payed for next day delivery which meant I missed a game day, and when I called asking for a refund on the delivery I was pretty much laughed at over the phone and got hung up on.

I have never had any luck emailing queries to them, they simply don't respond at all. While my deliveries from them have gone without a hitch my face to face trip to the store is the last I will take, they are a surly bunch. Their website is just atrocious, really really awful. I look anywhere else but Wolf for an item. It all just goes along with their don't care attitude.

Been in the shop a few times, a couple of the guys are really helpful, there's one or two who come across as unhelpful but I know who to talk to now so head for them as standard.

Website is a pain, its messy and confusing, lacking pictures or info for most products and if you are lucky enough to find something you want on there its out of bloody stock.

The shop itself needs an overhaul. Plenty of times I have gone in and they couldnt find items I was after, I think they have tried to pack too much stuff in and made it hard work for themselves.

I would continue to use them as their store is literally 10 mins from my house but they do seem a tad expensive and unhelpful. If they were to have a tidy up and a bit of training it has massive potential.

• 1 month later...

I used Wolf for my first purchases and they seemed pretty standard to me. No problems with service or getting info regarding UKARA membership etc.

On the first visit I was there for 2 hours and if I got any dirty looks I didn't notice any. Seemed pretty helpful to me. Hopefully it stays that way as they will have my guns for 2 months.

I think a lot of these specialty type stores will have their problems with customer service as most people who work there will be airsoft enthusiast rather than sales clerks or customer service reps.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Bought the Dd rail for my L85 off them (only place i found in the UK with stock at the time), it arrived the next day before 9am (Dam you for waking me up :angry: ...... but thanks for the DD rail :wub: )

no problems, no issues lots of :D:D:D

• 8 months later...

Wolf Armouries seems to suffer from what a lot of small businesses do - relative website syndrome. I.e. get your son or uncle to build your website for you and do an incredibly poor job of it.

Agreed.

Definitely hit & miss in my opinion - Bought my TM416D Devgru from them a year ago, genuinely interested when I visited, helpful & made a tonne of recommendations, spent over £600.

Visited yesterday, bought x2 Hi Caps @ £79.98 for the pair, same guy was completely disinterested, asked questions about an MP7 & MP5 as i'm in the market for either, but he was more interested if anyone was out the front. Their HI-Caps were over a fiver more than the competition, but competition were out of stock (Which they obviously know). Did ask as i'm a returning customer was there any chance of a cheeky discount as well as them being way more expensive.

Have to say, yesterday done it for me, only reason I went their 1st time around was because of the price competitveness, 2nd because I had too, 3rd time.... Not bloody likely

Very disappointing

• Supporters

I bought a spare mag for my Marui HK45. I too thought the shipping was a bit steep for a small item but as it was next day I figured that would be fine. And it was delivered the day after it was despatched. Unfortunately they just didn't bother despatching it for about 4 days.

Again, no shipping notification or any other comms other than the original order confirmation.

Considering these guys are my local shop I'm going to pop into it over the next few days website aside they seem to have a vast amount of stock so im looking forward to having a peak.

I would prefer a place I can walk into and leave with items I want, Having been burned by shops/postage twice now it will make a nice change

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.