Wolf Armouries

the_robbo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

Can anyone share any purchase experiences in the last 6 months? Online or in store.

No real problems. Had some work done and bought a pistol and pretty satisfied with both! Jon in there is very knowledgeable and friendly to boot. 

• Supporters

Been there twice in a month.

Website is awful but better than what it used to be (think early 2000s myspace)

Front of the store has tactical clothing and gear, back of the store (away from the public window) is where the magic happens.

Its basically their stock room but more or less opened to customers to browse, pick up and buy.

Its also one of those niche stores where if your looking for a certain part they might have it, a bit like Firesupport.

Staff are friendly and their technician Jon knows his stuff.

Its my local store so I pop in there in person on occasion. Prices are higher than most, but then again they've got to pay for London real estate. Friendly and helpful staff, the chap who does their upgrade/repair work is always happy to have a chat about what upgrades to buy and will happily go rummage through their pile of bits to find what you need. 

4 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Its my local store so I pop in there in person on occasion. Prices are higher than most, but then again they've got to pay for London real estate. Friendly and helpful staff, the chap who does their upgrade/repair work is always happy to have a chat about what upgrades to buy and will happily go rummage through their pile of bits to find what you need. 

Thanks, good to know. I'm just looking to buy a tm and keep it stock so won't need any extra help myself. 

As it's your local shop you might know this...? I used to live on the edge of sw London and have been to Camden Market a handful of times. I know the tube station closed during the day at the weekend. Was it something like 5 o'clock on a Sunday? And then would it re-open again or something?

Will probably order online anyway but just incase I change my mind... 

Yeah Camden tube station has some kind of wierd 1-way system at peak hours when its exit only. Mornington Crescent is the next stop on the northern line and about a 10 min (lazy) walk from there.  I believe the exit-only hours are something like 4-7pm weekdays and 1-6pm weekends. Which is ridiculous really, but I'm sure it makes sense to one of the TfL Tsars whos paid far too much money to do nothing.

On 17/03/2019 at 10:18, Tiercel said:

Yeah Camden tube station has some kind of wierd 1-way system at peak hours when its exit only. Mornington Crescent is the next stop on the northern line and about a 10 min (lazy) walk from there.  I believe the exit-only hours are something like 4-7pm weekdays and 1-6pm weekends. Which is ridiculous really, but I'm sure it makes sense to one of the TfL Tsars whos paid far too much money to do nothing.

Thanks for the info, that is rediculous isn't it. But as you say there's another station not that far away. I won't go there this time now though and I don't really like taking a rif on transport so will order online. Would have been nice to go and browse the shop though

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered from them Friday and delivered today (Monday)! They dispatched same day even though I had missed the cut off point by maybe an hour. Obviously that won't happen all the time but it shows they make the effort when possible.

Item was well packaged and protected, no damage at all to box inside.

Very helpful and well knowledged over the phone, I felt like a valued customer. 

So I am more than happy with their service and with no complaints, I will definitely use them again when the time is right. 

Been forever since I have used it, or even been in. 

Never realised so many of us were close by!!.

It seems all the issues I had in the past have been ironed out now, and from the sound of it a lot of staff changes. 

Not often in Camden anymore for some reason (used to be up there a LOT) but next time I am I will pop in. 

Would happily try them again, but hardly ever buy much nowadays.

Guest Airsoft J2

I've always used them for when I needed something TODAY and couldn't wait. Prices aren't always as competitive as elsewhere but when you need something, they're accessible from Central London which isn't something you can say about everywhere. Friendly staff as well means that I don't begrudge spending money there from time to time.

I have been visiting a couple of shops as I want to get a feel of any purchase. The three people i spoke to were more than helpful talking through options and let me get any gun out of the box. Talked through mag options, basic upgrade packages. Even got a TM p90 out but it sat outside my budget. I didn't feel any pressure. Might even use their buy and bring service to get ukara...

• 2 weeks later...

Have had good experiences with this retailer. For some reason I usually end up forgetting about them when I'm looking for a particular item, often being reminded of their existence via a web search.

Any orders I have placed have had positive outcomes. One time they emailed me that a particular item, in an order, was out of stock. They suggested some substitutes and didn't try upselling or the likes.  Good folks to deal with.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made my first order with Wolf Armouries recently & it's been a rather disappointing experience.

I ordered a Tokyo Marui KSG from Wolf Armouries over the Easter weekend. They were doing an offer of 5% off guns/10% off accessories so the price was decent & I also bought an pack of extra shells with it. Shipment/delivery was fast (it was sent the following Tuesday and delivered the next day, Wednesday 15th) and it was well packed - all good so far.

Unfortunately it looks like Marui's QC dropped the ball on this KSG as the one I received was defective - the pump locked up in the rear position before I was even able to fire it once :( In addition to that the gas tank seems to fit quite tightly and I had to push it out from the chamber side to remove it (it's possible that may just be because it's new and needs to be broken in a bit, but none of the reviews I read mentioned this and videos showed the tank popping out easily by itself when the release lever was pressed).

Anyway I emailed Wolf Armouries about it and waited. A couple of days later I hadn't received any reply so that Friday I tried the contact form on their website in case my first email didn't go through or otherwise was missed (it was sent as a reply to the order confirmation).

That message did get through to them and they sent me a reply a few hours later wanting my phone number so their engineer could ask some questions before they arrange a collection, however I didn't notice & reply to it until late on Monday because gmail had marked it as spam. I asked to deal with it via email as that would be a lot easier for me, and in anticipation of their questions described exactly what had happened with the KSG in as much detail as I could.

I still hadn't received a reply to this by Friday - and I'd been sure to regularly check my spam this time so I wouldn't miss any more of their emails - so I tried the contact form again and included the reply with it.

As of today I still haven't heard back from Wolf Armouries. I understand that things will be slower than usual due to the lockdown, but it's now been two weeks since the KSG was delivered and I first contacted them, and almost a week after I last tried contacting them, and I still seem to be no closer to getting this resolved.

• 1 year later...

Had a good experience with Wolf in the Bunker 51 games they ran, but the actual store customer service is awful.

Originally had a bad experience with them when I went to buy a TM TWS M4, so I went with Fire Support which had a better price AND actually answered my questions. When I made the mistake of making a purchase at Wolf, their aftersales support was even more atrocious, as they kept one of my pistols for a few months during the pandemic in their Hire Purchase scheme, and they actually lost the pistol's magazine and refused to replace it, so I now got a TM pistol in the box with manual and all accessories but no magazine.

Shame that's one of the only stores in London, but thankfully due to the internet you can use other retailers and I'll never have to rely on their crappy-ass customer service ever again.

Edited by The Commander

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.