Hop units and tight bore upgrades

Wardeneo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for a decent tight bore for a src gen 3 g36c - whats the best and what length?

and I'm looking to improve the hop as with most out the box aeg's they suck - what upgrades should i get? (hop rubber, bucking or whole new hop up unit?)

cheers liam

Hey Liam. This is exactly what I'm looking to do to mine at the mo.

So far considered:-

Prometheus 6.03 EG Tightbore 247mm (if I can find a UK stockist with them in stock) If not, a Madbull Black Python 6.03

KWA 2GX Hop Rubber

Possibly the option of adding a longer barrel and covering it with a supressor but not sure on that yet.

From what I've read on changing the hop up unit, I was going to go with a full JG unit, although they are plastic, I think they work well but it will mean changing the magwell too.

I think I'll go with the barrel, hop rubber first and see how that does.

Hey Liam. This is exactly what I'm looking to do to mine at the mo.

So far considered:-

Prometheus 6.03 EG Tightbore 247mm (if I can find a UK stockist with them in stock) If not, a Madbull Black Python 6.03

KWA 2GX Hop Rubber

Possibly the option of adding a longer barrel and covering it with a supressor but not sure on that yet.

From what I've read on changing the hop up unit, I was going to go with a full JG unit, although they are plastic, I think they work well but it will mean changing the magwell too.

I think I'll go with the barrel, hop rubber first and see how that does.

how much are those items and have you got your scope yet? - are u at caw this weekend?

and I've found this;

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Madbull-Bla...AMDX2.aspx?nh=0

its £30 so aint to bad...

cheers liam

I have a madbull black python 2 tightbore in my M4 coupled with a madbull ultimate hop unit and blue rubber. Don't know if they fit in a G36. Either way I found the upgrade made a massive improvement to consistency and my range improved too.

Liam, the scope was on last time remember, you had trouble seeing down it with your glasses on?

I've just ordered a Madbull 6.03 V2 and a Madbull Blue Rubber in the hope it improves the accuracy. Failing that, I'll get a complete hop up for it.

I did strip the hop unit down last weekend and noticed the hop arm/nub wasn't fully machined as it should have been, so I filed it down a bit which made the nub sit better in the chamber.

My only other concern is how loose the hop arm/nub sits. It seems a bit slack, so when the adjustment wheel pushes it down, it kind of pushes on one side more than the other which could put a bit of side spin on the BB.

I might be able to modify it but if not I'll replace the hop unit.

I'm not out this weekend but should be ready for the next one.

Not my pic but this is what I think is happening...

1adce662.jpg

Liam, the scope was on last time remember, you had trouble seeing down it with your glasses on?

I've just ordered a Madbull 6.03 V2 and a Madbull Blue Rubber in the hope it improves the accuracy. Failing that, I'll get a complete hop up for it.

I did strip the hop unit down last weekend and noticed the hop arm/nub wasn't fully machined as it should have been, so I filed it down a bit which made the nub sit better in the chamber.

My only other concern is how loose the hop arm/nub sits. It seems a bit slack, so when the adjustment wheel pushes it down, it kind of pushes on one side more than the other which could put a bit of side spin on the BB.

I might be able to modify it but if not I'll replace the hop unit.

I'm not out this weekend but should be ready for the next one.

Yea I remember now lol - my memory is sh*t ATM, plus I looked at everyone's guns that day so I'm finding it hard to put faces to names and to guns lol

Yea I'll probs get the madbull blue hop and barrel, where u get the hop from? I can't seem to find it only the red one :S and apparently the red 1 is too hard ^^

Plus u seem to know what u doing, might need ur help changing parts :)

Cheers Liam

Oops just realised I didn't buy the Madbull after all. I bought a Guarder one from EBay.

And you think your memory is bad haha

A guarded hop or barrel??

N yea lol Tis all good :)

Liam

Also cheers for the link marksman

Edit: link doesn't work ^^ lol

On the subject of hop rubbers;

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Madbull-60-...ASC79.aspx?nh=0

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Madbull-Sha...ASC75.aspx?nh=0

Which one is the best for src g36??

Both 60 degrees but red is special shaped to increase surface area contact...

Cheers Liam

Guarder bucking. Madbull barrel.

I'd go with the Blue one.

The bit that is "special shaped" is the spacer or nub which you can't use in the SRC because the SRC has it as part of the hopup arm, ie one piece rather than two.

Guarder bucking. Madbull barrel.

I'd go with the Blue one.

The bit that is "special shaped" is the spacer or nub which you can't use in the SRC because the SRC has it as part of the hopup arm, ie one piece rather than two.

Ahh ok what's better the guarded or the madbull blue??

Cheers Liam

Best thing to do is file down the hopup arm and use a madbull blue with a proper nub

I'm not confident enough to do that lol ^^

Any more info on this to make things easier?? Lol

Cheers Liam

I'll probably have a go at this if I think the new barrel/bucking combo doesn't work as well as I expect.

Either that or replace the whole unit with a JG one and get a new magwell.

I'm still not happy about the nub being pushed to one side by the wheel, so when I fit the new barrel/bucking, I might have a go at straightening it up somehow. I've read people put a spot of glue either side of the arm?

I'll probably have a go at this if I think the new barrel/bucking combo doesn't work as well as I expect.

Either that or replace the whole unit with a JG one and get a new magwell.

I'm still not happy about the nub being pushed to one side by the wheel, so when I fit the new barrel/bucking, I might have a go at straightening it up somehow. I've read people put a spot of glue either side of the arm?

i dunno mate but when you find summon that works let us know :)

cheers liam

I've just bought a 2nd hand g36c so I'm hoping to use some hop up parts from it

what g36 u buy and where from??

cheers liam

Echo1 from the for sale section.

If all else fails modifying the SRC hopup, I'm gonna fit one of these...

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=25814

SRC g36c is echo 1 parts compatible?

What other manufacturer parts will work? - tm, jg, ca?

I know ares won't ^^

Cheers Liam

The SRC hopup is specific to the SRC but all other hopups will fit but will need a new mag well which I'll now have.

Why a new Mag well, and jut to confirm you are taking about the section where mag sits? *blonde moment* lol

Liam

Yeh, that's the bit. If you change the whole hop up unit, you also need to change the magwell as the SRC feeds the BB's differently. People have modified existing magwells with a bic biro outer but tbh I'd rather just change it. Plus I'll have one on this spare anyway.

Annoyingly, it also comes with an almost new Madbull 6.03 tight bore lol, which I've just ordered!

Archived