Problems with accuracy

ben74
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i've bought a second hand maser tactical pro from here about 2 weeks ago. Its my first sniper. So first day i took it out, set up some targets. After about 50 shots i could not hit a coke can at 20-30 feet! I adjusted the scope but it seemed the bb wouldn't go in the same place twice plus it would hop up far to fast. I'm using 0.20g bbs atm. So i decided to take it apart to check orings and gave it all a good clean including the barrel.Found the hop up and adjusted it to the lowest setting and set out again. It was a little better but it seems to go 30feet then the bb just spins off in any direction. theres no wind at all btw. It would also hop up at about 30 feet too

Could the spring be worn? Is there something i'm missing?

Thanks in advance

What type of spring does it have? You may well be using too light a bb. Not sure if this is an airsoft skirmishable spring rifle or a bbgun special. Most sniper rifles need to sue .30 or heavier bb's as they tend to have stronger springs than AEG's

did you re-set your hop, if you've taken it all the way off then it wont be able to effect the bb at all.

what make of rifle is it, but like has alread been said could be too light ammo instead

Its the mauser tactical pro in the link idk what spring it uses http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Mauser_Pro_T...iper_Rifle/1688

The hop up is adjusted by a set screw so it was turned all the way down.

By that link (440 fps) definately sounds like your ammo is too light.

By that link (440 fps) definately sounds like your ammo is too light.

and if your hop is turned all the way down, a good hop unit is essential to range and accuracy, try ajusting your hop unit

Then i bought it it was advertised as 350fps. I will try some .40 bbs see if that helps at all.

How long does the spring last in a sniper normally?

Also where could i buy a replacement spring? or even a more powerful spring?

Also where could i buy a replacement spring? or even a more powerful spring?

if you want to break it again any airsoft online shop sells more powerfull springs for your sniper

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/upgradetips.htm

have a read through there before you buy anything, its a quick little guide and the guy is good quick postage etc. and knows what he's on about.

i'm assuming your new to airsoft so dont just try sniping straight away, loads of people (myself included) buy a sniper as one of their first guns and then rarely use it. if you can buy an AEG and try being a sharp shooter before you delve into bolt actions just to get used to it and some ideas on fieldcraft etc. if not and your set on your sniper rifle try keep it below 350 fps and you shouldnt have to worry about engagement distances and again go for a sharpshooter role

hope that helps a little :D

Tom

• 1 year later...

My mate had the same problem with his first sniper rifle. At the time I had been into airsoft for a good 6 months, whereas he had only just started. Anyway, I recommended that he tried a heavier weight of bbs. So he got a bag of .30s and it worked fine. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure.

Archived