New Idea for Airsoft!

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

okay so this was an idea i came accross by accident while tapeing up my shotgun to see what it would look like if it was tan

Basically what I have with airsoft grenades (excluding BFGs) is the bloody lighter thing on the cap. Not only are they a pain to get off with gloves but they often break and don't work and they require two hands which tactically isn't great.

So basically i got a striker from some MoD matches and taped it to the side of my shotgun to see what it would be like and suddenly realed that it could be used in CQB mainly when there's little time to throw grenades.

Here's a pic of it on my shotgun:

IMAG0061.jpg

its very simply that black strip and it works nicely so decided to see how far i could take it.

When i was thinking about rifles and smgs which people also use in CQB and normal games how would i attach it to one of them as people wouldn't want to tape stuff to their guns.

So i drew up some sketches on how it could be used on a RIS:

IMAG0066.jpg

The striker strip is on the arm that comes out and one can adjust the position by loosening the allen key and tightening it up where you want it.

It could also be adapted to go under scopes or be incorperated into or around scope mounts

As for the striker bit I though simply attach it by a kind of adhesive which would also mean it could be replaced if worn down.

Material would be the same kind of stuff on match boxes or similar.

I also though it would need to be raised slighty so it would strike better

heres the pic:

IMAG0065.jpg

So to see if this'll work i've built a small prototype to use at the weekend.

Its not exactly like the plans but best i could do with what i had. I used the base fom a PEQ and stuck the striker to it.

here it is

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Here is a short video of me using it on my shotgun over the weekend where it worked very well

so any ideas, suggestions, issues or any feedback would be really appreciated!

Thanks Nick

• Supporters

that's a good idea next time I will keep the caps off my MK 5's, Cut them up and stick it on my G36

Ta Nickona :)

Good work. Have you considered using a length of gripper surface for skateboards? Not sure what its real name is but its hardwearing, relatively cheap, self adheshive, can be cut to shape. Have you also considered attaching your "striker surface" to your hip or upper, outer thigh? Most sites have an under arm rule (especially CQB) so the downward movement would also leave your hand cocked back ready for the throw.

that's a good idea next time I will keep the caps off my MK 5's, Cut them up and stick it on my G36

Ta Nickona :)

would the fuses not snap off whilst your running round?

quick tip for when it rains though, wrap em in clingfilm to keep them dry and striker caps useable

Good work. Have you considered using a length of gripper surface for skateboards? Not sure what its real name is but its hardwearing, relatively cheap, self adheshive, can be cut to shape. Have you also considered attaching your "striker surface" to your hip or upper, outer thigh? Most sites have an under arm rule (especially CQB) so the downward movement would also leave your hand cocked back ready for the throw.

well its a good idea, but if you see how i throw it in the video thats under armish (well allowed as under arm)

most sites just don't want people hurling grenades at each other

• Supporters

it's not the roughness that sets them off, it's a chemical reation - the striker contains half and the pyro contains the other.

I think, though, that it is a great idea, probably not marketable, but fantastic for 'ghetto' projects and a little DIY and you've clearly implemented it well in the video.

Dave you work in airsoft retail right?

you reckon theres a spot in the market for something like this?

nice idea but as dave said there really wouldnt be anywhere near enough money to be made from it to make it worthwhile since it isnt really a major problem in the first place, it doesnt take much to let go of your rifle and twist/strike, ive used quite a few grenades and am yet to have a problem (maybe just been lucky?).

might just do a how to video on youtube

• Supporters

All my rifles have a small velcro square on them somewhere near my "spare" hand.

I can either have team markers, sandpaper for strikers and also paper for mission notes in milsim, or anything else you could attach by velcro padding really...

Best idea ever!

Archived