Is this why SRC G36c hop ups are rubbish?

Boro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I stripped my Gen3 SRC G36c hop up today and noticed the nub wasn't machined very well.

One side has a 90deg angle which looks ok but the other side hadn't been machine fully and a bit of excess material could be seen where it should have been a clean edge.

2d935555.jpg

I managed to file it down so I'm hoping it will improve the way the hop works because as it was I felt it couldn't give even pressure on the bucking as one side couldn't be pushed down fully.

Any thoughts?

• Supporters

I think the main problem is that there is no hop nub at all there- thats the hop arm, they often dont have anything pushing down on the rubber at all because of this. SRC designed their own way of doing it- not that great but easily fixable

It's weird, its a built in nub, file it down and put in a proper one, best to always swap out the bucking and put a nub in there at the same time

I'm not familiar with how hop ups usually work. This is the first time I've stripped one down.

So that arm also acts as the nub?

All it does is create an outward curved bump in the bucking which puts the spin on the BB?

I'm not sure why is the shape it is because it has no effect on the shape of the mound the bucking makes.

Would a bucking with a nub inside help? Maybe like a firefly or KWA bucking?

• Supporters

Basically you've got it, it pushes down on the bucking which 'pinches' the bb.

The arm in SRC's also acts as a nub- normally on guns you'd have a small spacer called a nub as well as the arm like this

img1060vl.jpg

I've got a few friend with these g36's, best bet is to replace it with a standard config rubber and nub.

Madbull and tm are usually good bets :)

Archived