Hello

Alexb111
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought I'd introduce myself seen as I've just registered.

Im from the UK and at Uni at the moment studying Aerospace Engineering. Im in my second year of a 4 year placement course (meaning I do the third year in industry).

Im at Coventry Uni but originally from Sheffield and spend pretty much all my holidays up there.

Current:

Anyhow, before now I have only had cheap mess around spring pistols, the type bought for £20 and thrown after a year. I recently decided I want to start airsoft when I come back from my placement year, knowing most sites will hire out AEG guns I bought a Well L96 AWP sniper with a scope.

Future:

After my placement year Im going to play the required games of airsoft with hired AEG's to get my licence then get a KWA M93R sidearm, spraypaint my L96 and get/make a ghillie suit.

At the same time £200 on L96 internals is probably going to be about right for skirmishing and I will obviously get some spare mags, a mask etc.

I'll most probably also get claymores and pyro's (Smoke & sound grenades, maybe Flashbangs) in case things get hairy and I need a good distraction to sneak away.

Further future:

Depending on how things go and money issues I will probably buy either a support MG or an AEG but I'm talking years down the line here, I did also look at a 6 barrel grenade launcher but to get a good one its £300 + cost of grenades and I think that may be out of my budget yet 1000 rounds downrange in 3 seconds is quite impressive.

Anyhow that's me, any questions feel free to ask. I will most probably update this in the following years as things change and review things unless others have beat me to it.

• Supporters

I'm from Sheffield! =D

There are barely any of us on here =[ Shame you're not going to Sheffield Hallam as I'm trying to set up an airsoft society. You could come and play with the society at some point though, if you fancy some discounts (Y)

Sounds like you've got everything figured out. I'd struggle sticking to a plan like that though. If I see stuff I want it lol.

I'm from Sheffield! =D

There are barely any of us on here =[ Shame you're not going to Sheffield Hallam as I'm trying to set up an airsoft society. You could come and play with the society at some point though, if you fancy some discounts (Y)

Sounds like you've got everything figured out. I'd struggle sticking to a plan like that though. If I see stuff I want it lol.

Yeah well Im in the situation where I have lots of time but no money so Im spending all my time deciding what I want later and looking at reviews etc now so I know exactly what I want and where to get it when I get the cash.

Yeah sounds like a plan, only problem is I'll only be back home during holidays when I imagine everyone at Hallam will be too. But definitely If I'm home during term time like after I graduate etc I can get in touch and see if we can get a few people together for a game somewhere.

I heard about a weekend game down in Devon or somewhere which runs friday night till Sunday lunchtime. With set re-spawn times (every hour or so) and 2 full bases with barracks etc. where the game continues into the night and you get people trying sneak attacks while others are asleep and stuff. It sounds awesome, will be looking into that next year once I finish my placement.

Archived