Airsoft magazines...which one(s) do you read or subscribe to?

werna_andy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm new to airsoft and love a good read. I was just wondering which magazine(s) you all read and why.

I've read a couple of copies of Airsoft International so far and found the content excellent. I also know of Airsoft Action, but have yet to locate a copy. Any more that I should know about?

No moaning or flaming of one publication over another, just what you read.

Cheers...and have a good weekend!

Andy

I mainly read AI too, been reading it for about 2/3 years now, and i believe its definitely improved! Also bought my first copy of Airsoft Action too, seems alright but not as good as AI, which i got from WHSmiths if your interested in getting more (the big ones in town/city centers not the crappy train station ones etc) :D

• Supporters

I spend most of my time on the forums, more interesting, more view points and more experience.

The magazines tend to not be very good (in my opinion) way too many adverts- i know they need to profit but AI is ridiculous. The content often seems to be lacking in them too.

This probably sounds like more of a rant than I mean it too, but for £4, I dont think you get a very good deal for the price

I read recon rag sometimes, its out once every 2 months I think. It's not too bad, has some reviews and instructions in it so it has some decent stuff. :D Its an online magazine

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I also prefer Internet forums, where you cut through the marketing bias that may be (I said may be....) present in reviews in magazines. I don't mind the adverts to be honest as they often point me to something interesting.....and expensive. But there is nothing like sitting down with a magazine in your hand though. Sitting in front of a computer screen to read is just not that. I don't have an iPad (don't get me started on an iPad rant!!) and don't see the need for one.

What I will say for forums in general is that you will get wide opinions from a wide audience. I usually sift through the information and then make decisions on things. It's worked so far for me.

Thanks all for the heads up on the forums and magazines.

Andrew

Archived