KWA M226 PTP newbie needs help please.....

spadey99
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

Ive just bought second hand the above gun to get into airsoft... Firstly I downloaded the manual and basically cant get it to fire..... Im not sure it has any gas in it, how would I tell? Do I need to service it or do anything before using???? Can someone tell me the sequence so I know im doing things right????

Basically guys any help you can give to a newbie to start enjoying my gun is appreciated.... Going to buy some gas off e bay tonight as im sure its empty, what should I buy???

Steve

Im not sure it has any gas in it

You serious?

Ok first of all, it DOES NOT have any gas in it, secondly, if you're gonna run airsoft gas, get it from an airsoft retailer.

If you want to go for a cheaper alternative, buy coleman propane of ebay and a propane adapter from fire support. If you do this you will also get some GBB lube, I recommend you clean the gun and apply it.

P.S. Congratulations on the gun choise! I'd recommend that you get an electric rifle aswell thou if you want to get into skirmishing.

Hi mate

yes sorry I am serious was it a stupid question? Like I say im new... The gas I was looking at was Kick Ass gas and this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ASG-Ultrair-...=item519e2ede59

Ive just looked on you tube at the maintenace video so will give it a clean and get some oil, what oil should I get??? Im looking at getting an electric rifle as well.

Thanks

Steve

Got one of those in a trade, not bad but very expensive. Any oil from an airsoft retailer will do. preferable liquid rather than spray.

This gas will last you for ages and adds up to £7/bottle: Propane @ eBay

You will need to get this to use it, but it also includes oil: propane adapter @ firesupport

ive got the same pistol had it for a year now great wee thing has never jammed after i put a better spring in it

an Action 160% Recoil Spring for Marui P226 GBB that i got off airsoft club its a grand wee spring but the only problem is that the slide wont lock back by itself when its out of BB's

Hi mate

can I ask for any tips on servicing it??? What do I need to lubricate and what difference would I get with a new spring???? Any tips on servicing ie how often and what parts etc is appreciated.

Steve

• Supporters

I personally disagree with the comment above about lube.

Always make sure you get silicone based lube, never use anything that's oil based like WD40 as it will destroy any rubber seals on the gun, meaning mags will leak, the hop up will dissolve etc etc.

Get some silicone spray and just spray all the internal parts and the internal part of the slide as well.

Take the gun apart and spray the trigger mechanism and the blowback mech in the back end of the slide, that ought to keep it going strong.

Mags ought to take care of themselves, just make sure you lube the mags internally to stop the seals going dry, if you're using gas meant for airsofting, like ultra air or kick ass gas then just use it as normal and you don't have to worry about it. If using propane, spray some lube into the valve before putting the propane adaptor on it and repeat this every 10 or so mag fills to keep the oil content sufficient.

Lastly, always store the magazines after use with some gas left inside them, if you store them without gas then the seals will suffer for it and won't be able to sustain the pressure on the next fill, leaving you with useless magazines.

If you have trouble understanding any of that, then feel free to ask and I'll go over it another way. It's hard for me to tell which parts of it an airsoft noobie won't be able to figure out lol.

Wow air-soft Ed that is really useful info.... I have to say im so new really dont know what to spray but understand what spray to use??? Just need to know exactly where mate????? Also I tried to fill my mag with gas the other day and it just sprayed everywhere.... Is the seal gone, do I need another mag?????? Any step by step tips on maintenance Ie when I take the slide off etc and where to spray is appreciated...

Steve

Good choice of pistol! Personally I take the slide off and give all of the internals a quick spray so that the slide moves smoothly and nothing is squeaking :D You can just remove the spring and barrel from the slide and they go back fairly simply if you remember how it came apart. I had a bit of a fiddle with mine before I knew how it all went together and came apart so just lubricate all the moving parts with some silicone oil and it should work fine.

Take the gun apart and spray the trigger mechanism and the blowback mech in the back end of the slide, that ought to keep it going strong.

Yep that's pretty much what I do, but I will then do the barrel and make sure it's all clean so it doesn't jam on some mud or whatever... But also don't leave the gun dripping with oil, there should be enough to lubricate it but you don't want to drown it

Just what I do, and it works for me B)

KWA recommend that this pistol is NOT lubricated. Clean thoroughly making sure that there is no grit etc. wipe off all grease from all parts including all the slide rails. The parts that need lubricating will be by the silicone in the green gas.

• Supporters
Wow air-soft Ed that is really useful info.... I have to say im so new really dont know what to spray but understand what spray to use??? Just need to know exactly where mate????? Also I tried to fill my mag with gas the other day and it just sprayed everywhere.... Is the seal gone, do I need another mag?????? Any step by step tips on maintenance Ie when I take the slide off etc and where to spray is appreciated...

Steve

To sort the gas spraying everywhere issue:

If you can figure out how to take the mag apart then ensure there's no extra gas left inside, take it apart and spray all the rubber seals with silicone oil, put it back together and leave it over night. Try gassing it again the next day before you go to bed or whatever, just put a bit in and see if it squirts it all out.

Hopefully they seals will have sorted themselves out. If gas isn't left in the magazines for a while then the seals can dry out and stop working. Lubing them can sometimes sort them out, if they still spray gas everywhere then you can try repeating the process or taking them to a shop to see if there's anything that can be done, they might be able to fix them for you or get your some replacements for a discount or a part exchange or something, as it does sound like there's a slight chance you might not be able to get them sorted out.

You could also try looking in the manual if you have one, which ought to list all the parts and number them, from that you ought to be able to order the seal you need for a matter of pence and that'll sort it out.

As for where abouts to spray, refer to my above post and once you've taken the slide off it ought to be pretty straight forward. To take Sig pistols apart, just twist the latch on the left hand side 90 degrees downwards, remove the magazine and the slide ought to just slide right off.

To put it back on, just slide it back on and twist the latch again. You might have to pull the slide back slightly for the latch lock to engage, I'm not sure if the KWA models are the same as my KJW.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I've just popped a Guarder 150% recoil spring in my 226 PTP. It appears from my first mag that this is an epic improvement on what was already a great pistol.

Whilst i posted earlier in this thread that KWA recommend not lubing this pistol, over the last 2 months i have found that some lube on the slide rails actually works very well. My favourite so far is a teflon based bicycle lubricant. It is mineral oil based but im not putting it any where near rubber so am confident that seal integrity is not being compromised.

Archived