Summer recommendations please!

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So all this summery weather has got me wanting to do a bit of forward planning! And as such, I have decided to announce the Finius 2012 Uk Tour!

That's right! Finius could be coming to an airsoft site near YOU!

Unfortunately, whilst I love my local airsoft site, and my "local" back home, they offer fairly restrictive gameplay and frankly, I just want to play places where skill will be required of me to win, as opposed to simply knowing the game and knowing that the regular players do exactly what they do time and time again, without fail in any given scenario.

What I want from you, AFUK, is some suggestions for where I should take myself.

I have no particular timeframe, I finished uni for the year today so whenever I start getting money is when I'll start skirmishing again properly.

I do however have the following criteria to work with:

-Must be accessible by a combo of public transport and taxis, or alternatively I'll exchange manlove for carriage.

-Must be a campsite or somewhere else to stay overnight nearby.

-Scotland is out of the question (it's nothing personal, just I cannot understand what people say up there).

-Urban Assault is pants, I'm not going there.

-Shooting at Ed or Liam would be a huge bonus.

-Must be a site that has effective marshaling.

-Must ideally be a site willing to erect a ten-floor high monument to my greatness (n.b. this may or may not be negotiable).

TL:DR? Tell me where I should play :D

• Supporters
-Scotland is out of the question.

Why? You can get the train or bus to Glasgow crash in my spare room and come with us to POW :)

Or have you been banned from Scotland :P

• Supporters

Well I play most regularly here: http://www.phoenix-airsoft.co.uk/

And here: http://www.airsoft-mansfield.co.uk/ as they're the two sites I'm a member at.

So it's cheaper. Not that I'm a cheapskate or anything...

They're both within about 5 minutes of each other by car, literally, no exaggeration necessary, so you could do both of them in one weekend, I'll see if I can as well, once it's all worked out and a date is set that is.

As for transport, you'll have to go for taxis I think and you'll have to look in nearby places for a travel lodge or something for accommodation so it'll probably be a very expensive venture.

• Supporters
Why? You can get the train or bus to Glasgow crash in my spare room and come with us to POW :)

Or have you been banned from Scotland :P

I haven't been banned from Scotland, just I have difficulty understanding your words :P

• AF-UK Founding Member

Pretty saw that Liam plays at MAW. Nutster is likely to be there too.. maybe even me if it is sometime in June.

There is a train station in Melton and lifts to the site wouldn't be too hard.

• Supporters
I haven't been banned from Scotland, just I have difficulty understanding your words :P

Cheeky bass, Are you trying to start a Airsoft war? B)

• Supporters
Anzio camp near leek. F&O run, you're always guaranteed a good day.

why not organise a few of us to go somewhere, try a few people's sites?

I've always wanted to go to Anzio so I'd be up for that if I can still afford it and figure out transport once the time comes.

• Supporters

their pretty easy to understand finius they just claim to speak English likethe Americans but we can i'm always switching what words i use and they understand me HTA is good I'm going their with brother of mine in June/July and theirs a caravan site near us and 3 Pubs we can go for a drink in after!

I've not been to Urban Assault yet - hope to in the next few weeks as its 30mins away

You say UA is pants - Can I ask what's pants about it? Don't want to waste £35!

Cheers :)

P.S - Sorry for somewhat off topic (ish) post

• Supporters

When I went it was just generally pants.

My major complaint was mostly that they seemed to take AGES to get us doing anything; we spent more time faffing than we did playing, which is just plain annoying really.

Everything from team reshuffling to insufficient marshals to get things moving...

Site it just too spread out to work with the staff they had working it.

Also a lack of decent facilities par se.

This was like, a year and a half ago mind you, they may have got it pinned down by now.

On the plus side, one guy there had a jeep with an RPK mounted to it which was on my team and was BOSS.

as im down on the coast heres a few from here

the rock, nice quarry site in portland, loads of campsites near, sundays

combat south - woodland fareham near portsmouth, few campsites close, sundays

UCAP bunkers - cqb portsmouth, few campsites close, weds evenings & sundays alt with pit

UCAP sandpit - bluewater kent, quarry/cqb, can sleep over on site, sundays alt with bunker

so you could go to the rock for a sunday, travel to bunker for wedsnesday game, then the sandpit following sunday, maybe even the mall in reading following weeknight (sites ok, not best marshalling)

• Supporters

Finius, if you're wanting to shoot me, then go to FFZ, MAW or an Urban Assault night game..

As for Urban Assault day games, they're not too great. There is a LOT of cheating and non-hit-taking still, although the games themselves have picked up and are quite a bit better. Last time I went, they still used the jeep. It was also used as a target to 'blow up' in one game.

FFZ's a lot better game play and fairer than Urban Assault, even though it's the same marshals. Same for the Urban Assault night games, they tend to be fairer.

But yeah, come to FFZ or MAW, you'll probably get to shoot me then :D

MAW's a great site, quite hilly though (well, compared to what I'm used to in Norfolk...). The marshals are really good, really friendly, laid back and helpful, but still strict enough for it to a good day. The games are good and well structured, and I've not seen any foul play or cheating there.

• Supporters
I am Finius. King of airsoft.

Is Tokyo Marui not the "King of airsoft" you could be the Monty Python Black Knight of Airsoft :P

• Supporters

Definitely worth going to, although they put the tunnel out of bounds half way through one of the games last time I went, literally everyone was just locked down in/around it and not going for objectives.. was really pointless. Although, I got some pretty nice sniper shots in :P..

• Supporters

Sorry to thread jack here..

But SgtTalbert, aren't you going to FFZ? I've got a group of twelve of us going, and we're staying the full day this time! Should be good weather!

just encase you plan on crossing the sea to Ireland you cant we are err Closed yeah the whole country is away that day sorry for the inconvenience (right that should fool him)

Yeah I was going to but as I haven't booked yet I thought I might check out MAW...however..if there's 12 of you going that might be fun!

And yes...stay the full day, it was my first time and I managed it! :-P

Archived