Question about Hi Caps/Mid Caps

Sike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, my AEG has finally arrived and my kit is complete, however i have a question about my magazines.

is it ok to keep them loaded and stored in my bag or will that damage the springs inside them.

• Supporters

I empty the mags to increase their lifespan and its just good safety

An Airsoft gun my be a big toy but it's best to treat it like a real gun to prevent accidents

As Flynn said, treat them as though they're real, unload, batteries out etc. Doesn't hurt and better to be safe than sorry :)

i do treat it as a real weapon, mags are always out of the weapon when not in use, battery is disconnected, finger off trigger etc.

i was just wondering about keeping the mags loaded themselves :)

thanks

• Supporters

I don't think it'll harm hi-caps all that much, but I've bought mid caps second hand before and I've had mates who've not emptied them and it doesn't take long before they stop feeding the last few shots, then if you keep doing it the mags just become useless.

Though you can take the springs out and stretch them to revitalise them a bit.

But it's just easier to never ever leave them with any shots in them for more than a weekend. That goes for real caps, mid caps, pistol mags, GBBR mags, sniper mags, anything with a spring in it basically.

The less tension the spring is under, the longer it'll last.

I don't think it'll harm hi-caps all that much, but I've bought mid caps second hand before and I've had mates who've not emptied them and it doesn't take long before they stop feeding the last few shots, then if you keep doing it the mags just become useless.

But it's just easier to never ever leave them with any shots in them for more than a weekend. That goes for real caps, mid caps, pistol mags, GBBR mags, sniper mags, anything with a spring in it basically.

ok cheers, just waiting for the battery to charge fully then im gonna give my new baby a good test run!

As above,I release the spring pressure on my hi-caps by pressing the actuator but I leave the rest of the bb's in.

Archived