PTS Masada problems

Gaz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need your advice please gents...

Upon recommendations from various people I started using a brand new 7.4 1300mah 20c vapextech lipo on my PTS masada yesterday for the first time which worked great from approx 10am until approx 3pm (1hr lunch in between) when the gun became very sluggish. I thought this must be because the battery had run low so I went to get a fresh NiMH but found the same problem with the 2 that I tried. Someone suggested my batteries were all low and gave me a fresh 7.4 lipo to try but the problem still persisted. Since getting home and recharging my batteries the problem seems to have got worse, the gun will fire ok for a few seconds and then stop completely. I'm not sure if it's normal but after taking out the gear box etc there is a slight solder odour coming from around the motor area so I'm guessing I've caused some damage to it somehow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Need your advice please gents...

Upon recommendations from various people I started using a brand new 7.4 1300mah 20c vapextech lipo on my PTS masada yesterday for the first time which worked great from approx 10am until approx 3pm (1hr lunch in between) when the gun became very sluggish. I thought this must be because the battery had run low so I went to get a fresh NiMH but found the same problem with the 2 that I tried. Someone suggested my batteries were all low and gave me a fresh 7.4 lipo to try but the problem still persisted. Since getting home and recharging my batteries the problem seems to have got worse, the gun will fire ok for a few seconds and then stop completely. I'm not sure if it's normal but after taking out the gear box etc there is a slight solder odour coming from around the motor area so I'm guessing I've caused some damage to it somehow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sounds like the motor is toast, but you'll have to take it apart to see what's going on in there. First thing I would do is remove the motor cage from the gearbox, connect a battery, pull the trigger and see what you get.

Were you using some sort of LiPo protection on your battery?

No protection, I've heard loads of PTS Masada owners say they've been using 7.4's for ages without any problems so I took a chance. The motor actually seems to be working ok now but my attention is now drawn to the trigger which is a micro switch type. For safety, going back to a large type 8.4v and firing on semi the response is very sluggish. I Used to be able to hear/ feel the switch click at half pull but I now have to pull the trigger right back to stopping point before it will fire, where before the response was very snappy. Strangely full auto seems fine.

Archived