Anyone ever play Sniper Elite?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well,

Now there's another one...

http://sniperelitev2.com/en/About.html

I WANT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE NAO!!!

• Supporters

Just watched a game play video and I think it still looks pretty dire in all honesty.

Sniper Elite 1 still looks like it plays better. Honestly can't wait for SEV2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

There's been a downloadable demo available for this for a while now, I must've played it through something close to 100 times, I'm going to be like a fat kid in a house made of cake when the full game comes out, can see myself getting addicted right now.

Anyone else played it?

Just finished playing sniper elite again, and it is a awesome game. Possibly the best sniping game ever made.

• Supporters

Agreed, I still play it as well, I don't even care that the graphics are so bad they scare me lol.

V2 is released on 5th May though, soooo looking forward to it, especially the co-op multiplayer.

• Supporters
I take it this demo is on the 360/ps3

But of course.

There might be a PC one as well, I'm not sure how PC demos work.

But of course.

There might be a PC one as well, I'm not sure how PC demos work.

might be on steam somewhere?

just clocked it and it does play well, shame your shooting germans. i'm all for ww2 games, more the better, it just gets a bit tiresome mowing through droves of german infantarie

• Supporters
might be on steam somewhere?

just clocked it and it does play well, shame your shooting germans. i'm all for ww2 games, more the better, it just gets a bit tiresome mowing through droves of german infantarie

Not exactly mowing through them. It's all about pin point precision, man!

I would like the game more if it were more of a sniping simulation rather than just a shooter with wind and gravity thrown in though.

If the AI were more properly coded so they weren't superman with X-Ray vision then it would be much better, and if there was a camouflage mechanic or something, a bit like in MGS3 and if you could actually mathematically work out exactly how much you need to dope your scope to hit your targets instead of it being a bit of a guesstimation, or cheating by using that red dot thing.

Since the francise has been revived though, I've got my fingers crossed that they'll keep making more games. If they did a modern day version in Iraq and Afghanistan using an M40A5 or AW .338 - modern weapons of today, with urban as well as arid desert environments then that would be pretty damn awesome.

Since the francise has been revived though, I've got my fingers crossed that they'll keep making more games. If they did a modern day version in Iraq and Afghanistan using an M40A5 or AW .338 - modern weapons of today, with urban as well as arid desert environments then that would be pretty damn awesome.

there is always ghost warrior if you enjoy dissapointing games haha, massivly glitched and flawed in almost every way! though they are meant to have fixed a lot of the problems for no.2 i doubt it will be anything special

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
there is always ghost warrior if you enjoy dissapointing games haha, massivly glitched and flawed in almost every way! though they are meant to have fixed a lot of the problems for no.2 i doubt it will be anything special

Haha, yeah right. Ghost Warrior looks like one of the worst games ever made, it's relying on the bullet physics aspect of it to make any sales. Sniper Elite actually looks good and has the bullet physics as a bonus point. It's going to blow it out of the water.

I just play the demo for Sniper Elite ...twice

I may get it :D

I told you! It's awesome isn't it? I've got my pre-order in the post right now, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow... Can't wait!

• Supporters
I told you! It's awesome isn't it? I've got my pre-order in the post right now, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow... Can't wait!

I love the mortal kombat style x-ray vision kills and it's made by rebellion who made the Warriors game

So aye it looks awesome :P

• Supporters

...Whut? McDonalds? Are you on an iPhone or something?

I've been playing it through on the hardest difficulty and I'm stuck on... I think it's the fifth level... First level where you start off using the Mosin Nagant, if you picked it up that is.

I massively prefer the Springfield, the Nagant's scope is a pain in the arse to use, there's too many markings, they make it quite hard to acquire targets.

I'm kinda disappointed in some ways, largely because there aren't more options in the custom difficulty thing when I was hoping there would be. On the first game you could make it ultra realistic; you could make it take a while to equip your binocs so you couldn't just super quickly switch between them and your rifle, it took a good 5 or so seconds, you could increase the blast radius of grenades to a more realistic 20m, you could reduce the amount of time you could hold your breath for etc etc. On this it's all presets and I think they're stupid.

Like with regard to the assistance thing, I really god damn hate that red dot thing, what's the point in having to adjust for wind and gravity if you can just use the dot that appears? You might as well just switch wind and gravity off.

I'd like the binocs ability to tell you the distance to the target and their rank and weapon and all that stuff, but without the sniper also being plagued by the crappy red dot cheat system thing, 'cos if I could know the target distance, I could hit the target using the mildot system on the scope...

It's just plain annoying.

But the game is good.

Archived