Ares SPRING AW .338

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...g_Power_TAN.htm

On sale at RedWolf, no idea how long for, but I want it D=

Anyone know anything about UK shops getting hold of these?

It seems my whole sig is about mm556 lol

Hope you don't mind, its the funniest thing i have seen for a while lol

It looks great, but when i was talking to Marksman on facebook about it, i assumed it was Gas operated because of the price lol. wrong i was!

• Supporters

I thought we were talking about the ASW?....

Seriously though, despite being ARES, I wouldn't mind one of these (after ripping out the guts), still not as nice as the asw though :lol:

Oh yeah oops wrong gun the picture didn't load so i just assumed it was the same one we were talking about. :P

• Supporters

You noobs, I said on the other thread about that thing that I hated it, why would I suddenly completely change my mind and make a new entirely copy cat thread that's talking about the same thing in an almost past-tensical fashion?

Pfft.

But yeah, if it's 100% VSR compatible then I'm totally getting one of these if they ever sell them in the UK.

Whilst I was checking if it existed yet, I also found out you can buy mags for the gas version that take CO2 capsules. So that probably makes that a pretty decent sniper with the right barrel and hop combo.

Only bad thing is that the CO2 mages ARE ONE HUNDRED QUID! The gun costs about £500 ffs, are Ares honestly mental? They're not great as it is, then they go and charge through the nose for everything. It's a miracle they're still running tbh.

Edit: I just realised I'd said mages instead of mags.

And then I realised that I edited my comment to point that out, instead of to make it right.

Damn I'm cool...

• Supporters

If wishes were horses?

Am I missing something here?

• Supporters

Not heard that one before.

If it suggests more will be achieved through action though, what action am I supposed to take to get them to make it 100% VSR compatible? Campaign for it or something? Lol.

• Supporters
Not heard that one before.

If it suggests more will be achieved through action though, what action am I supposed to take to get them to make it 100% VSR compatible? Campaign for it or something? Lol.

No idea, i'm just the messenger :P

Remember, non-violent protest always wins.

• Supporters

I thought as much.

Still, fingers crossed! Lol.

• Supporters

True but I cant shake the feeling that for £500 your not going to get your money's worth, I know you dont like the look of the AWS338 but its all VSR and that black foregrip on it is not some paint job its carbon fiber just like the real gun

That said I cant wait until there both out and tested

It looks like this is going to be a good year for airsoft lots of new and smart tec coming out

• Supporters

Actually, I think asg admitted it was a sticker or something in one of the shot show video's, either way I'm sure it's not a whole carbon fibre handguard. ;)

I must say though, if this is all VSR internals, I'd be very interested in one. Ares also have an m40a5 coming out, looks great too

(please excuse the annoying Airsoft GI guy)

• Supporters

It's probably not a whole carbon fibre handguard but if Ed can dream so can I :P and it VSR 10 internals

I dont know if I like the m40a5 but as with all guns it's how it shoots 1st and looks 2nd so we will need to wait and see

P.S. I like the Axe man even if he is a numpty :D

• Supporters

If that thing is fully VSR compatible, then it stands to reason that the AW will be as well. So at least my hopes now have a foundation Flynn lol.

• Supporters

I mean the M40 not the Assbury by "that thing", just to clarify.

Archived