Airsoft Action - National Shooters Show and VCRA

magicaldr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ed - just to clarify, I wasn't calling you narrow minded (probably obvious but I just wanted to say it) truth be told I would like to continue this conversation in a pub after a good days airsofting :)

magicaldr - I understand what you mean about two-tones they can be seen coming form space but there is a range of transparent AEG's that dont have the same problem

Just to add that I am pro UKAKA even if it can be a pain in the you know what and I would like to see something like it for paintball ect not because I think airsoft is being singled out it's because I hate the idea of some git who has nothing to do with pro airsoft getting are kit banned in the UK

As for Nick Clegg, Ed you have my deepest sympathy :P

• Supporters

i resent that Flynn because Paintball is already in a Major Decline round the world not just here but i think we need to implement Coloured tips like the US even when registered and not on a Site

But let U18's when 16 Buy their own Rifle's but only Face to Face

• Supporters

It's not a bad idea Craig but when your not on site your kit should be in a locked bag so what difference would it make?

• Supporters

If your waving it around, you're doing it wrong :P

And unless you have some resome to think the police have a sniper is outside your window I think your safe

• Supporters

Close the window blind FOOL :P

Plus you are trying to stop old people looking in on you, You dont need coloured tips you need to put a dildo on the end of you G36 :lol: That will tech them

• Supporters

I do actually like the idea of getting rid of two tones, a lot.

Let's be honest, why do they actually exist? If you're old enough to buy a two tone then you're old enough to buy a RIF, the age restriction is the same.

Then there's under 18s, who can have RIFs gifted to them.

So the only people who'll have a problem with it, will be people who are under 18 and don't have parents who are skirmishers and people who are stupid and won't play 3 measly games to get their UKARA, which I think is a necessity to ensure you're not wasting your money when you decide to buy a gun, as if you buy one before you've probably tried out the sport, how do you know it's for you? You might hate it and then it'll have been a waste of money buying the gun.

If you ask me I think it's good that under 18s can't buy their own guns and I don't think they ought to really own one at all until they're old enough to be trusted with it properly, which I would consider to be 18, around the time they know more about the sport and respect it a little more.

Also, I think the idea of buying RIFs without UKARA being possible if you do a face to face deal in a registered shop is a great, great idea. It makes the sport open to the under 18s who's parents aren't registered because it means if they're really serious about the sport, than can travel to a shop to buy a gun, or rather have their parents gift them one. It also makes it more similar to the laws surrounding air rifles.

I think the ideas being chucked around are all pretty good, my issue is that if we go about this in the wrong way and accidentally come across as being pushy and wanting the rules to be made more lax, then they might think we're pushing it, not like it, and ban it all together because as you say, people who are against guns, do see them as being guns and rightly so.

Also, that pint sounds good :D

• Supporters

I know of a couple of guys that have two-tones because they dont have the time to play airsoft as much as they would like or dont what to have RIF's in the house with there kids ect ect as they have there place in Airsoft

As for the kids it sounds good in theory but how would you feel if tomorrow you were told you cant play airsoft again till your 25?

• Supporters

Well I didn't say they shouldn't be allowed to play, I said they shouldn't be allowed to own their own guns. I addressed those issues by saying that the over the counter sales could be used for under 18s to get RIFs, so they can still own their own non-two tone guns and still participate in the sport.

Obviously there's still the option of hiring.

They could also implement a system similar to rifle ranges, when you can leave your guns on the site, that would cater for people worried about their kids.

• Supporters

OK 1st off, I can see Darth Vader playing paintball but Darth Maul would be a airsoft god

Ed I like the idea and if I was running a site I would do it but most site runner's I no have a hard enough time keeping there rental kits in working order and then there is the overheads like insurance

I suppose if you had the time you could open the site every couple of saturdays to run kit days were you can teach people how to look after there kit, do upgrades, zero in scopes/hop-ups that sort of thing, till they can do it on there own then help you teach others

• Supporters

I don't see how it would be a problem. The player just buys a gun, then leave it with the site, what's so complicated about that?

When the owner of the gun comes, they get the gun and give it them, then they take it back at the end of the day.

No maintenance is needed as it's hardly getting used and the player could take the batteries home and deal with them when appropriate upon visiting.

If there are any issues then they deal with them as they wish, take the gun home and sort it out, take it to a shop that can sort it, or if the site offer the option, pay them to sort it out.

Simples.

Obviously I'm not saying this needs doing or ought to happen, it's just one way around the issue parents have with keeping replica weapons around their kids.

• Supporters

True but it's simpler if you have a good m8 that plays airsoft, I keep my friend Jims kit at my place his fiancée two boys have every nerf gun under the sun, they are true airsofters in the making :)

Archived