DMR modification

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've just ordered a scope mount for my M14 so I figure I might as well go the full distance and completely turn it into a DMR.

At the moment it's running an M120 using the stock internals, what's the max spring I could put into it without causing any damage? I was thinking of getting an M140, think that'll be alright?

After doing that I'll have it locked to semi, fit a tightbore barrel and maybe get a bipod.

I'd also want to update the look, as it's the full wood vietnam M14, any ideas what I could do to modernise it?

• Supporters

Hmm, that's a bit pricey, as well as being out of stock and not compatible with the G&G M14 lol.

An EBR kit would be nice but they're just ludicrously over priced. I was thinking more along the lines of a polymer stock and forward upper RIS or something.

The spring question is the most pressing, I can manage everything else fine, in fact I've already locked it to semi and replaced the barrel and hop.

• Supporters

Is it the veteran version, or the standard wooden stock version?

the veteran has upgraded, strong internal parts than the others.

• Supporters

I'm not totally sure, it's either the veteran or the walnut wood one.

I've always thought it was the Veteran one, I'm sure that's what the guy I got it off said.

How'd you know the Veteran one is reinforced more than the others?

• Supporters

They're both on LWA: here.

They both come shooting the same (330 FPS), but the Veteran has "a host of internal upgrades from bearing spring guides, & reinforced parts".

Also, other places (mainly US sites) have the Veteran coming shooting about 50 FPS higher than the standard version.

• Supporters

Well darn, I wish I could remember which one it is that I have now, I'll have to see if the box has it written on it, but I think the same box is used for all the G&G M14s, even the EBRs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'm thinking of painting it either black or OD as I don't like the Vietnam look much. But the heat shield thing will look weird if I don't paint that as well and if I do paint it, it'll look off because at the moment it has a sort of shiny, glossy look to it.

Does anyone know if you can get replacement ones from anywhere? I'd be looking for a black one.

Also, it's uncomfortable as hell looking through the scope without an adjustable cheek rest, so does anyone know where I could get one of them? Or make one or something?

Edit:

I've just found this: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m...-conversion-kit which solves all my problems and more, because this is exactly what I wanted in the first place.

However, does anyone know if it'll fit the G&G? I've emailed Fire-Support to see if they know, so fingers crossed.

Archived