Help me modify my Gen3 SRC G36c

Boro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. I've had my gun a couple of weeks and already got the bug and am looking to improve the range/accuracy. Just need a hand choosing the rights bits, etc.

This is how it stands at the mo...

b553f778.jpg

Completely standard other than a vertical foregrip.

My plan is (unless you can tell me otherwise) to get a slightly longer Prometheus 6.03 tightbore barrel covering the protruding but with a barrel extension/suppressor and a better bucking.

First question. What length barrel and which extension/suppressor and bucking?

Anyone done this to their g36c already?

Could always convert to a G36K or E if you're getting a longer barrel.

• Supporters

I dont think the barrel length will help much with that gun I would start with - piston, piston head, piston cylinder and hop up rubber - Thats About £50

But there is only so much you can do with that gun, So I would suggest that you do some upgrades then save up for a Hi-end Gun like GG, GP, TM and then you still have your G36c as a backup or CQB gun :) sorted

• Supporters

Not as much as you would think :(

But If you go form 6.03 to 6.01 you will get a tighter grouping but you run the risk of jamming in the field

• Supporters

Jamming, in truth, is highly highly unlikely unless you use the crappest BBs on earth and actively pour shite down your muzzle. 6.01mm barrels are fine.

Celsius rifles come with 6mm inner barrels, they wouldn't supply barrels that tight if they jammed.

• Supporters

To be honest, everyone should be using high quality bb's anyway, no point cheeping out at the risk of damaging your gun.

On the Celcius note, not the best example considering its a very common problem for them to come with bent barrels. :P:lol:

• Supporters

When they're not bent they must work though, which means that a 6.01mm barrel ought to be completely fine. Especially since BB tolerances tend to be 5.95mm + or - .05 or whatever it is.

Good gun, I have one and I love it :) Mine came converted by previous owner to the E varient and I do prefer the longer barrel/handgrip. I also added a 3x sight / handle rail which worked really well with my red dot on top for close stuff. Sadly the scope was not reliable, so its back to stock open sights as per yours for now.

Not played with internals as yet, first on list from a friends recommendation will be a tightbore barrel. I already have lipo's as it came with a 7.2v one which works well. May switch to deans on all guns, not decided 100% on that yet.

Will worry about the gearbox after I sort the barrel, I would like a mosfet and 3 round burst as it suits my game play. Final step is to get the internals serviced. Prob need to combine that with the mosfet as we will be in the gun / gearbox anyway.

From what I hear the SRC gearbox not that bad, so hoping for a decent lifespan but I also have my G3 and M4 just in case :)

I've just added a sight. Couldn't really use the irons with my half face mask and fancied something with a bit of zoom with a red dot, like you.

Went for the Elcan SpecterDR+red dot. It's a fixed 4x zoom so will make spotting a bit easier.

bf65d871.jpg

The only problem now is the weight, the SRC is heavy to start with lol. Now it's just REALLY heavy haha.

I'm still thinking a longer tightbore next tho

I've got the KSK version and have found it to be quite useful as it is. The only thing i don't like about it is it seems to fire to the left a bit. Can't seem to get it to correct. just got a Battlaxe magwell converter. Did'nt fit til i cut it about but feeds fine now with PMags. new M4 stock converter to fit this week with CTR stock. Run a 7.4 lipo in the front handguard wired for Deans. (bit of a squeeze but it will fit). Looks much better with a QD silencer as well. XTM panels and an AFG finished it off.

Guys, could really do with some advice.

I'm committed to buying a Prometheus 6.03 barrel but I need help on the bucking/nub to use.

Firstly, will the gen3 SRC accept a different bucking/nub combo?

If so, what are my options.

Archived