Sniper Question

SgtTalbert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It's the same cost as what mine was from Action Hobbies.

Although it won't be very good out of the box, it'll need upgrading quite a bit before it's noticeably good. The finish is quite shiny, the trigger mechanism is plastic and prone to cracking, the hop up is pretty poor, my barrel was awful and cut wrong, meaning BBs veered to the left constantly.

I've spent over £500 on mine to get it to a good skirmishable standard.

Most sites also require a sidearm if you're sniping, meaning added costs.

if your after a sniper i'd personally steer you towards a jg bar 10 instead of the warrior l96, or if your after the l96 atleast the tm version. the warriors look nice but thats about it, they aren't really that cracking and you'll be getting about the same range as an average aeg and out-ranged by half decent ones, especially now gas rifles are getting more popular and summer is rolling up

• Supporters

I would avoid the TM L96. It has an odd magazine system, which is apparently prone to jamming and causing problems. The Well/Warrior ones are good once a few internal parts have been replaced. The stock trigger system is poor, as are the barrel and hop up. But the cylinder etc. is alright, it's quite consistent, and has a velocity reducer (screws in the cylinder head). Replace the hop unit with an ASPUK one, barrel with a tight bore and the trigger mechanism with Airsoft World's metal one and you'll have a pretty decent rifle. Okay, it won't be much to a fully upgraded TM VSR, but it'll still do the job pretty well.

With gas ones, some sites (e.g. FFZ) don't allow gas weapons (only pistols) and the weather is quite dependant on how well they perform.

Coolio - I shall past on your wisdom,

Cheers liam

Now for my question on AK's....

That the same bundle I bought - and I think Liam had a Friday afternoon made rifle as mine is great - and with no proplems, oobviously nothing compared to Liam's but he has spent £500 of upgrades but still great....

And yea get a sidearm - * /me hates the 20m Minimum engagement range :(

Cheers Liam

P.s Liam - what's the warriors internal barrel length as standard?? I know u have a 650mm but u have a silencer to cover the excess :)

• Supporters

Sorry the late reply, I meant to reply but then forgot, and I was just looking for the gun picture thread, clicking anything mildly interesting along the way..

The inner barrel length is 500mm if you're using the stock hop up and a sniper barrel, but it's 498mm, if you're using an AEG barrel as the hop up is slightly longer. Get a 509mm and carefully trim a little off the end.

Sorry the late reply, I meant to reply but then forgot, and I was just looking for the gun picture thread, clicking anything mildly interesting along the way..

The inner barrel length is 500mm if you're using the stock hop up and a sniper barrel, but it's 498mm, if you're using an AEG barrel as the hop up is slightly longer. Get a 509mm and carefully trim a little off the end.

Ideal cheers mate - 2bh ima probs just get a longer prommy barrel and hide it with suppressor like you have done lol ;)

But before that I've got to get my g36 :)

Liam

Archived