Best sites for first timers?

WalkableBuffalo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm about finally ready for my first airsoft match, all my kit sorted at least, but right now I'm looking to hire so I won't have to worry about taking my AEG.

I live in the Sheffield/Doncaster area but any general advice would be nice if anyone has any recommendations for good sites or what kind of game (indoor/outdoor) would be best for a first timer, it would be much appreciated

tbh most will be newbie friendly if your going on your own then find your local site and see if they have a forum/facebook page etc and post there and get to know people before you go. but id pick a outdoor/woodland site as a first game nothing wrong with cqb/indoor but they wil tend to be faster paced and obviously closer so more painful hits wise and since your new you will probably get it quite abit lol

• Supporters

I'm from Sheffield and I tend to play at woodland sites around Nottingham, though there is a CQB site in Sheffield very close to the Ski-Village called The Stan, you can book in on the op-tac forums.

Alternately there's the two sites I play at on a more regular basis, Skirmish Airsoft and Phoenix Airsoft, both located with 5 minutes of each other and just on the northern edges of Nottingham.

Here are the links: http://www.skirmishairsoft.co.uk/ and http://www.phoenix-airsoft.co.uk/

All great sites.

I don't suppose you go to Sheffield Hallam University by any chance?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely look into Skirmish Airsoft as they have a wide variety of locations

Also thanks for the note about indoor, I think I'll start with outdoor

And no I'm still in Secondary School :-/

Though technically it's called a College

But no I definitely don't go to University

• Supporters

With regard to skirmish airsoft, it's a bit misleading how they do that on the website, all the links take you to information on the same skirmish site.

It's on Ollerton Road, also known as the B6034.

Takes about an hour to get there from Sheffield centre. I think there's also a site somewhere near Robin Hood airport but that's about the same distance away really.

Also, if you look it up on Google maps then you might get a bit confused as skirmish airsoft's site is marked on google maps as Phoenix Airsoft, this is because Skirmish used to be paintball only with Phoenix running the airsoft games but Phoenix have now moved and Skirmish are running the airsoft and paintball games on alternate weekends.

Just let me know if you have any trouble, I know the owners of skirmish and Phoenix relatively well.

Archived