(yet another) New player needs help

ProtoZasa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm new to airsoft and have yet to play my first game. However, I have done paintball and understand that it's quite similar. Anyway, I wanted to ask if (since I'm only 14 and am on a serious budget) it would be best to buy a 2 tone gun now, or, if it is necessary to be 18 to buy a realistic black gun, whether I should just hire until I'm allowed to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Albert/

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

You have to be 18 for either. But that doesn't stop you being gifted one. Obviously for a RIF the person buying will still need a defence.

If renting isn't too expensive for you, yes that is another option.

Ok, so my parents (who are not UKARA registered) can buy me a 2-tone? I think that this would probably be cheaper in the long run than hiring.

It definitely would over four years!

I'd still recommend renting for your first couple of games - you'll get to see what everyone else carries and it'll help you decide on what to get your folks to buy for you. There are a lot of shops that will two-tone anything, so don't run off and buy the first thing you like the look of just because it's two-tone.

id go and hire for your first game or 2 to make sure you like it enough as for a new gun you will be looking at spending £150 then add battery and mags ontop it can add up (obviously if you can find something in the forsale ads on forum then will be cheaper) just make sure you enjoy it first.

another thing is while you are under 18 you will have to wear a full face mask aswell keep that in mind when you buy eye protection

Ok thanks guys, I'll have a look in the for sale forums. Alternatively, I was thinking about maybe a Double Eagle M85 G36, what do you think?

Albert/

Ok, thanks. Any specific recommendations for £12 a month allowance and a birthday in February?

I would reccomend http://www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk as these are the guns you will see guys using during your skirmishes and they have a two-toning service for almost all guns.

There are two buttons you can click before you order:

.I am UKARA Registered

.I need my gun two-toned (select this one)

Dont know how much they charge for two-toning but I would guess at about £10.

Otherwise (you said you were on a budget) look at the forums but there may not be alot of two tones or people willing to two-tone.

• Supporters
id go and hire for your first game or 2 to make sure you like it enough as for a new gun you will be looking at spending £150 then add battery and mags ontop it can add up (obviously if you can find something in the forsale ads on forum then will be cheaper) just make sure you enjoy it first.

another thing is while you are under 18 you will have to wear a full face mask aswell keep that in mind when you buy eye protection

Not all sites have this rule, of the 3 sites I've been to, only the indoor CQB site states a full face mask is compulsory protection for participation if you're under 18, the other two sites are large woodland based sites and there are no restrictions of any kind on protection, so long as your eyes are covered you're good to go.

the route im taking is getting myself a good solid reliable pistol then hiring for each game for awhile till i can save up for a rif aeg. a cheapish sturdy sidearm backup is always useful (in my mind) and easier to carry around. i find neon guns a little useless when your trying to stay concealed, so i have a clear plastic gas pistol, its reliability sucks looking at online reviews, so i have a couple of mags for it so if one goes wrong im covered till i buy a new one. i wont be gaming any more regularly than once every two/three months though, if that, so hiring is a viable option.

just make sure you or someone keeps any gun you do get well maintained to avoid expensive repairs/replacements or awkward pre/mid game failures.

also, a second for zero one, their own brand pellets are great too. i use them.

if you want an aeg, look at the zero one collection of G&G.

Archived