Battlefield or Cod?

l96Freeman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which are your favorite battlefield or cod games?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite battlefield or cod games?

• Battlefield 1942
    • Battlefield Vietnam
    • Battlefield 2
    • Battlefield 2142
    • Battlefield: bad company
    • Battlefield heroes
    • Battlefield 1943
    • Battlefield: bad company 2
    • Battlefield play4free
    • Battlefield 3
    • Call of duty
    • Call of duty 2
    • Call of duty 3
    • Call of duty 4: modern warfare
    • Call of duty 5: world at war
    • Call of duty 6: modern warfare 2
    • Call of duty 7: black ops
    • Call of duty 8: modern warfare 3

Ok this might have been done before but anyway... :P Which games out of that list are your favorites? Choose more than one if you want. Mine are definitely Battlefield 3, Battlefield 1943 and Call of duty 4: modern warfare

• Supporters

Bf3, cod 4 occasionally and I forgot to put bfbc2.

I don't really play games much anymore though apart from showing ly brother im still better than him despite having given up.

I'm more interested in waiting for arma 3, looks set to blow the rest out of the water.

• Supporters

The 17/18x could, the 14x should be able to aswell but the 14 is so flipping noisy its not worth it. Tbh with alienwares, you're paying for the brand and the lights, and although they're cool, you get just as high specs on a 'normal' laptop, alienwares are very heavy too.

They're nice, really really nice but not something youd really want to carry around etc, especially when something cheaper will do the same job. However if you have the money spare.... then its possibly an option.

Alienwares are good, but no comparison to a gaming desktop for the same price. Would run it, but not too high.

Fan of all the battlefield series, but mainly BF2 and Bf1942.

Cod4 was great. before this shitstorm of unrealistic BS cod games about 71491650 degree quickscopes and uber K/D ratios.

Yeah Cod4 wasn't about quick-scoping and KD ratios was it :lol: ? I think all Cod games are probably about quickscoping but Cod 4 was original.. all the ones after it have just been trying to recreate it.

I play on PC, and mainly played ProMod mode :P

You could try and quickscope... but it didnt go down well.

• Supporters

I still play CoD4 on Xbox sometimes.. pretty awful at it as I'm used to BFBC2 and BF3 on PC now :(

• Supporters

+1 on that Marksman lolz.

I utterly abide the CoD series. They just pump out a new one every year around Christmas, they don't take any time to develop any of the games, they just churn them out like cakes for fat kids. They rely on moronic fanboys buying all the games because of the stupid hype they make about it instead of actually relying on the game being sold because it's good.

Battlefield has always been a better series and I'll always be a Battlefield fan.

I'd have voted for BF2:PR but there wasn't an option for it so I went with BF3.

• 8 months later...

I'd like to see a game where you can 'try-out' and train on missions and training to unlock campaign missions and in Multiplayer. So for example, you can't play as a sniper or spotter in co-op mode unless you've done the sniper school in the game, and the same for pilots, gunners, spec ops, signals, medics.. all kinds of units which make up the entire picture. That's why I like BF3, however CoD is simply more popular because it's a turbo-paced fix of guns and K/D ratios that you can play in 10 minutes. I'd have to devote half a day to enjoy BF3 to it's fullest, as it is more about the bigger picture.

Essentially, BF3 but with many more units to play as with a deeper depth of gameplay.

I'd like to see a game where you can 'try-out' and train on missions and training to unlock campaign missions and in Multiplayer. So for example, you can't play as a sniper or spotter in co-op mode unless you've done the sniper school in the game, and the same for pilots, gunners, spec ops, signals, medics.. all kinds of units which make up the entire picture.

America's Army B) I played this a lot at one time, a great game with that hint of a bit more realism in there. Some great game modes as well not to mention its FREE! :P

Wow, this thread was created before I had even joined. Reviving the dead much?

Well might as well post something on topic. I loved CoD4. In fact I was a huge CoD player for MW, WaW and MW2. After that I stopped playing/buying them because I had tried out a new game called Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the xbox... And in my eyes it is still the best FPS game ever made! Sorry BF3...

However I bought Black Ops 2 on PC just so I could play zombies, as that is the best thing about the franchise now.

MW was great. Sunk far too much time into that game. Still unbeaten in cage matches. Lost count after 200+ games. (Winstreak of 140 to kinda back that up).

Was pretty weird though as even the kids in the lower years of my school knew me for being "the kid who's good at COD" LOL.

WaW was awesome just because of bayonets.

MW2 was horrible on PC, unless you got the pirated version that actually had its own servers (more than legit PC ones) that were not hacked and had admins :) Had some good times on that beasting around getting called hax, despite me and a mate being the mods XD

But sorry acorn, BF2 is the best FPS ever. All BF games have just fallen in its shadow IMO. BFBC2 was great but something was missing, and BF3 is just BF2 merged with COD.

Suppose its just the way the gaming industry is evolving though.

Seems gamers have lost a fair few traits, mainly 1. manners, 2. patience, and 3. skill.

You could be the best player around and still killed by a noob sporting a RPG as a main weapon ¬_¬

Hence, the emergence of COD as a best seller, despite when you analyse the game it is lazy by design, and nothing innovative.

But sorry acorn, BF2 is the best FPS ever. All BF games have just fallen in its shadow IMO. BFBC2 was great but something was missing, and BF3 is just BF2 merged with COD.

Seems gamers have lost a fair few traits, mainly 1. manners, 2. patience, and 3. skill.

You could be the best player around and still killed by a noob sporting a RPG as a main weapon ¬_¬

Hence, the emergence of COD as a best seller, despite when you analyse the game it is lazy by design, and nothing innovative.

I wont argue with you over which game is best. Its pointless because it's just down to personal preference :) I have BF2 but never sunk that much time into it (Project Reality is fun though).

I can agree with you on the modern gamers though. Thats why I loved the Battlefield community before BF3 came out. It was not a big hitter in the FPS genre like CoD was, even though it was a superior game. The audience was mostly the recommended age of 18+ and it was fair. Map design was epic, engine was amazing and in some ways, more capable than BF3. You had to use skill and patience to play the objective because of map sizes, bullet drop and weapon mechanics. Plus the explosive weapons werent as cheap as CoD. Whilst the Gustav was annoying at times it was not as bad as the good ol noobtubes.

However with EAs marketing scheme some of the asshats have donned BF3 as their game to sully :(

Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

but I do love the Operation Flashpoint series (dragon rising + red river), something satisfying with being able to hit and destroy an APC plus surrounding infantry at 600m. only thing that sucks is that bullets don't travel through people.

BF2 is the best FPS ever. All BF games have just fallen in its shadow IMO. BFBC2 was great but something was missing, and BF3 is just BF2 merged with COD.

Out of the modern day FPS' I agree, BF2 just seemed to work, the maps, the ticketing and spawning system. There was definitely something missing about BFBC2 but then that was probably just that it was a different series of game with different objectives as opposed to a successor to BF2. Not to mention the MASS of problems and bugs BFBC2 had (for PC anyway). BF3 is a good game in its own right but it doesn't feel like BF2 with ground breaking graphics and weapon customization which is what many wanted I think, more of a new game entirely.

Do any of you use teamspeak when gaming? Or want to? B)

Depends. Use it when playing coop games like L4D2 etc but not really regular FPS games.

Archived