Supporting the forum

Deva
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

So, I'm wondering how we can get you guys more features from the forum, which will also give something back to the forum to help it expand and stay up to date.

Please reply in a post offering your ideas and whether you would go for such a scheme. I haven't put a poll up as I feel it can be too easily misjudged and someone taking the effort to post is showing more of an interest.

I'd like to propose that we introduce a new member group on the forum known as AF-UK Supporters.

Being part of the group will give you access to:

- Given the forum supporter title

- Giveaways (quarterly, or if popular, monthly, right down to weekly if there is lots of supporters), small items to begin with

- Supporters only forum. A hidden forum for those in the supporters group. Anything goes.

- Unlimited PM space

- @airsoft-forums.co.uk email address (assuming it is not already taken) with an unlimited inbox space

- Discounts from certain retailers, this might not be a huge amount to start with and just small savings, but free postage or a few percent adds up after a few orders or one big order.

- Free forum patch of your choice if picking a subscription of a year or more.

Now the downside, to offer this we'd be asking for a supporters fee. The fees I have in mind are as so:

3 Months - £5.00

1 Year - £10.00

Lifetime - £30.00

I think that the above is worth the money. Certainly winning a few giveaways would easily earn your cash back and even if you don't win the chance of making regular savings at retailers will wipe out your membership fee.

Any takers? Any suggestions? I'll need a bit of notice to get going, but if we have a strong response here then it is something I should be able to do pretty quick.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I like that suggestion just a few things really i think their could be a chance of 2 different group's

Like one get's all of what you said and another doesn't get a store discount or an E-mail Address? and could be a little cheaper?

and the lifetime bit is that every 10 years lifetime or what? i know i'd probably get one!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Reasonable idea, but I prefer the simplicity of just one scheme and there is various options in there.

Lifetime means lifetime, so as long as you're alive.

• Supporters

I think it sounds like a great idea, I'd happily sign up to the £30 lifetime thing for some discounts and give aways, what's not to like?

A free forum patch would be good as well =3

• AF-UK Founding Member

I'll happily set up a list of interested people here then.

10 names and I'll give it the green light and we'll get going!

1. Airsoft-Ed

• Supporters

get what going?

and i know i keep suggesting it and i can see it won't do anything to Combat Ageism but if an under age person is identified maybe you could put a Tag somewhere like under the group bit maybe?

• AF-UK Founding Member

I will set up the scheme so that those interested can get on it.

Craig, that discussion is for a different topic, if you want to bring it up then forum feedback is the best place :)

• Supporters

what about me Im an addict aswell you know

Edit: i should have (rats i can't remember how to spell thrased?) Frased! that better lol i'd do it aswell 30 quid thats a Doddle i think i make that in a day sitting around doing nothing lol

Wasn't sure whether you'd said yes or not. Needed Ed to decipher your messages :P

good luck Ed :D

oh Dev. i'm assuming this goes to running the forum etc

• AF-UK Founding Member

Yes, and the give aways. Forum updates, a fresh look, mobile support etc. would be good but it all costs money, as does just running as we are.

If we have lots of interest the money will just go straight into the giveways. If we're giving away a Systema every week that is fine by me :D

okay cool, well I think its good to support forums like this, hence my patch purchase

• AF-UK Founding Member

Thanks for the positive comments guy, I appreciate it.

1. Airsoft-Ed

2. Nickona

3. CraigW-H

4. Alex Gale

Hopefully it will be able to generate a bit of buzz and we'll have some exciting stuff to give away as well as offer the other benefits :)

• Supporters

If I have the money, which is kinda likely as it's only £30, then count me in.

And for a translation, here:

what about me Im an addict aswell you know

Edit: i should have (rats i can't remember how to spell thrased?) Frased! that better lol i'd do it aswell 30 quid thats a Doddle i think i make that in a day sitting around doing nothing lol

"What about me? I'm an addict as well, you know.

Edit: I should have phrased that better. I'd do it as well for £30. That's a doddle, I think I make that in a day sitting around doing nothing."

I'd take that as a yes, Dev.

I'd certainly be interested, but due to the way my finances work, the only way I could pay would be sending cash (however much) through the post to you Dev. Not sure if that causes a problem.

Edit - it might be best to put me as 'number 11' so to speak...

• AF-UK Founding Member

That is no problem Hubert, but it'd have to be insured as I'd hate for you to lose your cash :)

1. Airsoft-Ed

2. Nickona

3. CraigW-H

4. Alex Gale

5. Liam Porter

6. joshcowin

7. Hubert ~maybe

• Supporters

I'm happy to do this.... still haven't got any forum patches lol, id be going fr the lifetime too

I'd sort something out nearer the time with you dev, I don't actually have a bank account lol but I've got a few ideas to sort it.

One question: If I die and come back to life, do I need to get another lifetime thing?

It's nice to see changes and progression on the forums too, anything new is a bonus :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

If you die and come back to life and can log into your account then no you won't need another lifetime thing. Otherwise you'd need another :P

1. Airsoft-Ed

2. Nickona

3. CraigW-H

4. Alex Gale

5. Liam Porter

6. joshcowin

7. Hubert ~maybe

8. marksman556

By the way.. more than 10 isn't a problem. I just need a guaranteed list of people so I know it is worthwhile for us to put into action.

Archived