The Walking Dead GAME!

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What do people think?

I, personally, am not going to bother setting high hopes for this. The series has never been about the zombies, they've just been a dramatic back drop, it's always been about the people and their problems with each other within the group, so I'm not sure how a game would really do it.

Also, I've never heard of that developer before.

I think if it's going to stand a chance it needs to be an open world/sandbox, FPS, RPG, if anyone can imagine that? It'd just work better than it being a linear FPS or a lame RPG with no real attention paid to the fighting sections.

Discuss.

Doesnt look that good. Dont think it will be in the same league as Dead Island etc

I don't think it will be the same type of game as dead island. Dead island is about killing the zombies and surviving. The walking dead is more about the characters. I think the game will be quite unique.

• Supporters

The trailer seems to suggest it's going back to comic book-esque roots of the whole thing, the graphics seem a bit cartoony.

So there's a chance there'll have been some input from the original writers, who hopefully won't let the final product be crap. So it could go either way I guess. Only time will tell.

• Supporters

What other games have they made? Like I said before, I've literally never heard of them.

I'd google it, but I cba, you can probably convince me they're good with some weird, amusing story or something. Much better than finding out from Google. 

• Supporters

I'm always suspicious of 1st game trailers that have no gameplay, Its ok for established franchises like Assassin's Creed and Halo but for a new game it really shows a lack of faith in there product

BioWare are making "Command and Conquer Generals 2" its there 1st strategy game and the original trailer is just 12 seconds of gameplay

It looks amazing :)

• Supporters

I personally hate RTS games, I want to be part of the battling, not watch it from above whilst clicking on sh*t, that's just rubbish. The only ones I've ever thought were good were the FullSpectrum Warrior series on the original Xbox and PS2 and they weren't even conventional RTS games.

• Supporters
I personally hate RTS games, I want to be part of the battling, not watch it from above whilst clicking on sh*t,

I do know what you mean Ed but there is something satisfying about seen 30 mammoth tanks tear your enemies apart(C&C) or commanding Darth Vader's super star destroyer and sending wave after wave of tie fights (Empire at War)

well I now know what I'm doing this weekend lol

• Supporters

C&C:Red Alert on PS1 is the only RTS game I ever really played.

• Supporters

I remember one truly hilarious time when I went to a mate's house when I was about 14 and he'd spent about 5 hours setting up this MASSIVE battle on some Star Wars RTS or other and I was expecting it to last for hours once it all kicked off, (I think he was as well) so when he went to the loo, I just clicked on the go button or whatever it was haha.

By the time he got back everyone and everything was dead and there was just this little army of Yoda's running about, it was utterly hilarious. It only took about 40 seconds to waste his entire morning.

Totally worth it lol.

• Supporters

I remember playing my m8 at c&c, He sent one guy to my base, shoot and run, shoot and run, shoot and run, for 20 minutes then I had a Gary Oldman moment and I sent

after one guy ... He sent 30 units that can capture buildings round the back by the time I got my guys to my base the hole thing was his lol Not my best game

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

I think this is out now, IGN have posted a massive video walkthrough on YouTube - the game looks pretty awesome I have to say.

Kinda like Heavy Rain from the PS3 but with Borderlands style, cartoony graphics.

• Supporters
I think this is out now, IGN have posted a massive video walkthrough on YouTube - the game looks pretty awesome I have to say.

Kinda like Heavy Rain from the PS3 but with Borderlands style, cartoony graphics.

Did I, or did I not, promise you that it would play awesomely at the expense of sub-hd graphics.

I've not had any interest in the walking dead so far really, but having just watched the first twenty minutes of this game, I might watch the series...

• Supporters

It's apparently been out for about a week on the PSN.

It's available as of today on XBL, but for some reason, despite it being there in the download section, there's nothing to select to download it.

The good thing is that each episode is only something like £3.40, or 400MS points, meaning buying all 5 won't cost a small fortune.

Archived