Grey area on re-enactors, etc

Ditch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, sure I read it on here somewhere that even though their brother/cousin/or other relation was close to getting UKRA registered but hated turning up with a bright gun, and after contacting the UKRA they recied an email saying they were allowed to respray thier weapon. Past weekend I took part in one of ProtocolSevens games, which happened to be a group investigating a military bunker going quiet during a zombie apocalypse. I could go into detail for those interested but my question is this: The games there while at registered sites ( like Tuddenham) wont count towards my UKRA, but rocking up with a green p90 ruins the atmosphere somewhat, and I dont think we tick all the boxes for actors, etc. Is it worth asking UKRA or any other contacts, as I know its not too hard to get a hold of, but I'm lacking in spare money (thanks to tax, insurance and MOT at the same time, boo) to go to some games, not to mention the lack of sites nearby and the next games in May.

P.S. Theres no way I'm going to spray it and just pretend I was given it that way and wish for the best, I'm not that sort of person so no need to suggest anything like so.

Cheers guys'n'gals

Manufacturing a RIF without a valid defence will get you in hot water and no way will you get authorisation to spray it from anybody.

Manufacturing a RIF without a valid defence will get you in hot water and no way will you get authorisation to spray it from anybody.

I am aware of that mate, hence the lengthy post explaining peoples other cases that I have come accross, and how they came into getting validation. Thanks though?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Even if someone were to contact the UKARA, the UKARA don't have the power to offer someone an exemption to the law. They are simply an association, not connected to the government. I don't see anyway round it I'm afraid. If it was easy to get around it'd be a rubbish law and the information would be more readily available.

Even if someone were to contact the UKARA, the UKARA don't have the power to offer someone an exemption to the law. They are simply an association, not connected to the government. I don't see anyway round it I'm afraid. If it was easy to get around it'd be a rubbish law and the information would be more readily available.

Hmm, well seems to me someone may have told a little lie about gettng an email with authorisation then. Cheers for that. I will have to spray it when I get time to collect my license (hopefully before the next game) though, as I can't find anywhere that supplies non two tone lower recievers for them, which is a bit annoying.

Anyways, cheers, I'll delve into trying put some spare money/time/beg the mrs to let me go then.

You can always cover it in camo tape while using it at the game, but remove it when you are leaving the site. Lots of u18 and non skirmishers do it. Camo tape is readily available on ebay or your local surplus store, or you could use burlap or hessian to the same effect.

Archived