Rewire an M4 Carbine?

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So i want to know if i could Rewire a standard M4 into the Stock tube and run a lipo and a Lipo alarm in the tube and use a MagPul ACS Stock? any idea's? and link's towhat i need would be great!

So i want to know if i could Rewire a standard M4 into the Stock tube and run a lipo and a Lipo alarm in the tube and use a MagPul ACS Stock? any idea's? and link's towhat i need would be great!

There's two ways of doing it. First is to buy a new rear wired switch unit and just replace the existing one, therefore running the battery connection to the rear. Second is to unsolder the existing front facing wires and re-solder to the rear of the switch. If you know how the wires run in a standard rear wired V2 gearbox then just follow that path.

Either way you may need to change the battery connection if the hole in the stock tube is small. Try speaker sized male & female spade connections (I've got those as standard on my G&G CM16) - Maplins do them - or use a small Tamiya connector, as they usually fit.

• 7 months later...

Hi its an old post but i couldnt find anything else...I cant find any tests for the lipo alarms. one guy made a video and the buzzer would go off with each shot fired etc.

socom tactical sell a lipo airsoft buzzer but that looks just like the one used in the vid. there are also no reviews on socoms site for that alarm.

does anyone know if those alarms can be used properly throughout a game or if there are alarms that ony go off when the v is low.

ta :mellow:

Hi its an old post but i couldnt find anything else...I cant find any tests for the lipo alarms. one guy made a video and the buzzer would go off with each shot fired etc.

socom tactical sell a lipo airsoft buzzer but that looks just like the one used in the vid. there are also no reviews on socoms site for that alarm.

does anyone know if those alarms can be used properly throughout a game or if there are alarms that ony go off when the v is low.

ta :mellow:

A Lipo Alarm is only really there to warn you when the voltage in the Lipo battery is getting low, so that you can either disconnect and recharge, or substitute for a fresh battery. However, don't do what I did, which was to forget I had it connected and then put the gun away for a week or two. When I came to check it the LEDs had run the battery down to the point where is was totally f**ked and had to be chucked away. So ALWAYS disconnect the battery in storage and remove the Lipo Alarm from the circuit.

The guy with the video probably was using a poorly charged battery, which would give a buzz, bleep or whatever every time a shot was fired, as that would trigger the alarm because of low voltage.

Archived