Is this real Airsoft gun M16?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, First off nice site glad I come across the forums. I've had a intrest in Airsoft for a while now look at magazines and guns on the net etc.... But never got into it because lack of money :(. Yestday my mate come home from work he does house clearances. He sent me picture of what looks like a M16 (could be wrong I'm not gun expert). We just wondering if this is real Airsoft gun or cheap knock off. It comes with a battery pack and charger but he couldn't get it to work. Anyone know make of this gun? He wanted to sell it but I said I don't know if you can because of laws etc.... Any help would be great many thanks Matt

post-4646-1331822717_thumb.jpg

Well, look at the gun, and write down everything that is written on the side of the gun, be it engraved stamped. or a girls number. then we can tell you if its a gun worth keeping or selling, and then we can say how much it is worth.

I would say this is a m16 design, due to the stock (the bit that sits in your shoulder)

Now it looks like it is missing its barrel, not 100% sure, aswell as the front post/fore sight.

foresight/front post = a little black trangle like design on the front of the rifle. see picture below

1289112556.jpg

As for selling it, legally you can sell it, but due to be all black, also known as a RIF among the airsoft comunity (realistic imation firearm) you can only sell it to some one with a valid defence

(a defence is dictated by law as some one who can prove that they will use the RIF for one of the following, War reinactment, Film, or Skirmishing/airsofting)

Hope this all helps.

again post back what is written on the gun and we can tell you if its good or not.

Well, look at the gun, and write down everything that is written on the side of the gun, be it engraved stamped. or a girls number. then we can tell you if its a gun worth keeping or selling, and then we can say how much it is worth.

I would say this is a m16 design, due to the stock (the bit that sits in your shoulder)

Now it looks like it is missing its barrel, not 100% sure, aswell as the front post/fore sight.

foresight/front post = a little black trangle like design on the front of the rifle. see picture below

1289112556.jpg

As for selling it, legally you can sell it, but due to be all black, also known as a RIF among the airsoft comunity (realistic imation firearm) you can only sell it to some one with a valid defence

(a defence is dictated by law as some one who can prove that they will use the RIF for one of the following, War reinactment, Film, or Skirmishing/airsofting)

Hope this all helps.

again post back what is written on the gun and we can tell you if its good or not.

Hiya, Thanks for the reply I see my mate at weekend I write down all the details on the gun and post them up. Once again cheers for the reply mate :).

looks like a classic army as it says Armalite i think. so its very good, provided it works lol. but yeah as said before its missing some stuff, so unfortunately it probably wouldnt be worth as much as it could be.

Archived