ASG Dragunov SVD-S

cowdeefx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi just got the ASG Dragonov SVD-S Spring rifle with folding stock comes with a m90 installed and a M120 in the box which i have swapped and installed the M120 and i do plan to upgrade this gun so i will put on the site when i find out where to put my thoughts on the gun.

ok i guess i can put the upgrades here please let me know if this is the wrong part of the forum.

so i have purchased and installed the Dragonov advanced Piston which is a ASPUK part made for the SVD Dragunov i believe,to replace the stock piston it was easy to do and all is working fine and a very simple upgrade,i have also ordered a M150 Spring which as not arrived yet and the PS0-1 scope not the real thing just the clone version after all this is a airsoft rifle no recoil so i will update on thier arrival i will add some pictures soon so you can see what i am talking about.

Hi just got the ASG Dragonov SVD-S Spring rifle with folding stock comes with a m90 installed and a M120 in the box which i have swapped and installed the M120 and i do plan to upgrade this gun so i will put on the site when i find out where to put my thoughts on the gun.

ok i guess i can put the upgrades here please let me know if this is the wrong part of the forum.

so i have purchased and installed the Dragonov advanced Piston which is a ASPUK part made for the SVD Dragunov i believe,to replace the stock piston it was easy to do and all is working fine and a very simple upgrade,i have also ordered a M150 Spring which as not arrived yet and the PS0-1 scope not the real thing just the clone version after all this is a airsoft rifle no recoil so i will update on thier arrival i will add some pictures soon so you can see what i am talking about.

Hi I'm in the process of upgrading my well/warrior l96 at the moment, and after hours of researching I found that upgrading the spring is the last thing you should do, so what I'd say to you is before u install that m150 spring I'd look into upgrading barrel, hop up, piston and cylinder, sears and trigger 1st - then do spring and spring guide together once some or most of the upgrades had been completed... The last thing you want is a nice powerfull spring without any upgraded internals as it most likely won't be able to handle it - the other thing I'd say is where are you using it? As if your using it for an airsoft site you will need to check fps restrictions.. As your lovely upgraded rifle might be to powerfull and this you will then have to down grade it, iirc m150 spring is around 550fps with .20g and I know my local sites only allow up to 500fps with .20g ( also note tht most sites chrono weapons using .20g so you will have to meet the requirements using .20g - and won't e able to cheat it by using some .4's like I've seen some people try and do :] )

Hope that helps Liam

Edit; hop up and barrel upgrades that I mentioned are for better accuracy - no point having all that power if you can't get a good grouping at 50m+ :)

Also I use .30g as there a good all rounder for power and accuracy....

Hi Liam for the L96 you are quite right as i also have one of those nice gun in my opinion but the Dragonov SVD-S is a little different i have upgraded the piston although the stock one looked o.k and it is so easy to up or lower your spring before use depending on as you quite rightly say the maximum fps allowed as the assembly is only held in place with 2 allen bolts i will be getting a 6.03 or a 6.01 inner barrel as well the hop up so far seems o.k it is the rotating type accesable though the cocking lever easily once the piston is cocked back the spring guide is built into the unit and looks pretty solid time will tell i am using .30g and .36g bbs in it at the moment you may have a good point about the trigger sear but they are available as are replacement stock ones and a reinforced steel one i will be getting one of those a hop up is available for the svd dragunov not sure if it will fit this gun though i have only just got the gun and at the moment it as the M120 spring installed have not chronoed it as yet so not sure of the fps on it the bolt lever is easy to cock with the M120 but i am sure the M150 will be stiffer i will let you know

hi again just thought i would add a picture of the gun it came black so i have given it a quick paint job may do it again after the upgrades are done

a quick update i put in as i said the dragunov svd piston into the svd-s it does fit however at least with the M120 spring but because it is a tighter fit it is in my opinion useless for this gun i tried .25 and .36bbs with the same results no good to be honest re inserted the original piston perfect with both the .25 and .36 so back to the drawing board with that idea so any one needing the svd advanced piston let me know

the hop up is screwed into the sock so i dont know if it is possible to replace the hop up although the stock one does seem to be ok more testing required for a real evaluation

the inner barrel may be possible but i have not disembled the hop up unit as yet all be it i have had the gun stripped virtually down to the stock as it was both misfiring and crushing bbs with the svd ASPUK Advanced piston with the M120 Spring so i cleaned out the whole gun just to check no bb fragments where left behind

not sure if a stronger spring would do any better i will try the M150 with it maybe

sorry about this it seems the problem with the ASPUK piston is that unlike the stock piston it as 2 seals the thicker one as does the stock piston and also a outer very thin seal this was the problem just made it to tight so i removed this thin seal just to test and now the gun fires as with the stock piston so i do lose the seal but i gain a better made piston so a small price to pay im happy at least i have got it to work

post-4637-1331736181_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Seems good. The hop should be changeable, although I think the parts on ASPUK are for the A&K SVD, not the ASG one. There are slight differences.

Also, if you get a tight bore barrel, get a 6.03 rather than a 6.01. Wider barrels are better for accuracy, thinner for power. The Madbull 6.03s are pretty good for the money.

Not too keen on the paint, but it might just be the picture quality. Personally, I'd get a wood set for it if there is one.

yes your are correct the Aspuk advanced piston is for the A&K Dragunov but i have just removed the smaller of the 2 seals and works fine not grabbing now as it strikes the cylinder head giving me a steel rim for the sear to grab onto instead of the cheaper metal stock piston and it is working great and at the moment there are no specific spares designated for this gun to upgrade with that i know of so needed to improve the piston and this seems the best option at the moment at least

yes i have looked at this it would appear the 6.03 barrel gives good accuracy with less chance of the bbs jamming up the gun than a 6.01 which would give better accuracy but you have to keep the barrel free of any dirt or it could jam

yes the pic does look shiny it is a matt finish as i say i will be re doing the paint it does look better in real life but i just used the colours i had to hand really

they say a picture paints a thousand words so i have put up the picture of the troublesome seal at least with the M120 sping as i have mentioned it is a better seal with this on but not much use if the gun loses all power but with this seal removed gun is working fine

post-4637-1331805132_thumb.jpg

Archived