ICS M4 Front Sight Removal

magicaldr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, cant see any how to's in my search so looking for advice on the ICS M4 front sight. I am in the process of removal of all the clear plastic parts (yes I hold UKARA registration) and trying to update the fore grip to a magpul one. Sadly it wont fit, needs about 3 or 4 MM more space from the back to fore mount.

The front sight on the ICS appears to be bodily molded onto/around the barrel, bit its not physically part of it (it wobbles, something else I hate).

• Does anyone know if I can cut it off safely or some way to remove?
  • Any suggestions on cheap replacement, I would assume a folding fore sight makes sense?
  • How do you attach the front ring thing if you don't have a sight to screw it to the back of?

Any help appreciated in making my M4 a little more pretty :)

Hi, cant see any how to's in my search so looking for advice on the ICS M4 front sight. I am in the process of removal of all the clear plastic parts (yes I hold UKARA registration) and trying to update the fore grip to a magpul one. Sadly it wont fit, needs about 3 or 4 MM more space from the back to fore mount.

The front sight on the ICS appears to be bodily molded onto/around the barrel, bit its not physically part of it (it wobbles, something else I hate).

• Does anyone know if I can cut it off safely or some way to remove?
  • Any suggestions on cheap replacement, I would assume a folding fore sight makes sense?
  • How do you attach the front ring thing if you don't have a sight to screw it to the back of?

Any help appreciated in making my M4 a little more pretty :)

Not sure on the removal of the sight....

But once you get it off and assuming you want a barrel mounted sight not RIS mounted, I can suggest buying this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-C-M-Airsoft-Fl...#ht_2064wt_1038

I have bought this exact sight and its great, it also folds down and looks pretty good. And delivery was quick!

It doesn't use the 2 underside grooves of a standard M4 barrel to mount it using pins, it just grips anywhere along any part of the barrel with a 19mm diameter.

I used mine to aid in the fitting of a Brocock AR15 front grip, I drilled into the back of the sight to locate a pin in the grip to help it sit securely and it worked a treat.

I have put some pics on flickr should you wish to have a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krawli/sets/72157629583041685/

Hope thats some help.

All the best,

Krawli.

Hi, thanks for the replies, really useful info. Also means I now understand why the front sight is wobbly, its missing that grub screw :)

Will get a new front sight on order and pop pics in this thread once I sort it (and how I got it off) for others ref.

Archived